Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead: 400 Days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm ashamed to admit that I was on maybe the third or fourth character when I noticed
    its all set in the same diner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to admit that I was on maybe the third or fourth character when I noticed
    its all set in the same diner

Yeah there are quite a few links between the characters. For example,
    The bus that Bonnie walks past, is the prison bus that Vince escapes from. The blood stain in Shels episode at the diner, is the old cancer couple that the lunatic kills in Russell's episode.

In Wyatt's episode, his friend abandons him because the crazy guy in the jeep shows up....the same guy as in Russell's episode. The guy they hit is the prison guard from Vince's episode....the black guard who runs away. When Wyatt leaves him, he turns and becomes a guard walker that Shel's group use chained up outside the diner.

Also, if Russell kills the walker outside the diner, he wont show up in Bonnie's episode. If Russell leaves the walker, when Bonnie stumbles down the hill when being chased, he will attack her. Ofcourse, if you do Bonnie's ep before Russell's.....there is no walker at all.

It's also heavily hinted that the group that chases Bonnie through the corn fields, is Shel's group. Shel talks about the missing fifth flashlight that they probably dropped in the field.

The one I found the best, I didn't even notice it at first. Somebody else pointed it out to me. When Russell hides from the approaching jeep at the start of his episode, the body he hides beside is Carly....from season one. When she gets shot at the side of the road. I thought that was a nice touch.

Lot's of links. None of them seem that important though. This really is mostly filler before the proper season 2 starts. Still, atleast we know most of the backstory behind the characters now and don't have to sit through heavy exposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Played through it twice, first time as an actual play through (only got 2 of them) and second time to have everybody. Looking forward to seeing what it affects in the second season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm shocked more boardsie's aren't talking about this. Maybe nobody has played it? :(

I downloaded this game as soon as I got home on Friday... but then I spent the rest of the weekend out in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I downloaded this game as soon as I got home on Friday... but then I spent the rest of the weekend out in the sun.

Pfff. The sun wont save you from the zombie apocalypse! It might save you from the vampire apocalypse, sure, but nothing else! :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    The one I found the best, I didn't even notice it at first. Somebody else pointed it out to me. When Russell hides from the approaching jeep at the start of his episode, the body he hides beside is Carly....from season one. When she gets shot at the side of the road. I thought that was a nice touch.
    There was even a achievement that pointed that one out!

One thing I noticed that you didn't mention; one the of the guard dog zombies that was eating a puppy was the dying old lady from Russell's episode, which suggests that the crazy guy never executed her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I was delighted to hear that
    vernon messed up with the boat and is dead, I hated that group for screwing Lee over, so I didn't think twice about leaving them by driving off in the caravan. I knew I recognised the Afro-man from the cancer patients as soon as I seen him

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Dumb question, but will the 400 Days DLC work with the Xbox 360 disc version of The Walking Dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dumb question, but will the 400 Days DLC work with the Xbox 360 disc version of The Walking Dead?

I think you have to get the free trial of season 1 to play 400 days. Season 1 is used as the dlc launcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ffs got it this evening and did it detect my save from past episodes ???? No :mad:

This has been an issue since day one for some ands it's finally hit me. Tried the usual moving it, clearing cache etc but no luck looks like im playing with a randomly generated back story, not that it matters for this but it might come season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I had a similar problem, first off, do your save files exist in the following folder?

C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

If so, first backup the folder just in case, then copy the prefs prop file into here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

You're going to be overwriting the prefs file here, so also back it up first.

I was screwing around with some other trickery (deleting some save files to try and bring the game back to a specific state with decisions up to there) and I found it necessary to also disable steam cloud, as it kept "restoring" my newer saves.

Worked for me and I was able to go into 400 days with my season 1 endgame preserved.

If this works, I think it will be necessary to copy the prefs file accross every time you want to play though, which is a bit of a pain.

I had a similar problem, first off, do your save files exist in the following folder?

C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead

If so, first backup the folder just in case, then copy the prefs prop file into here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default

You're going to be overwriting the prefs file here, so also back it up first.

I was screwing around with some other trickery (deleting some save files to try and bring the game back to a specific state with decisions up to there) and I found it necessary to also disable steam cloud, as it kept "restoring" my newer saves.

Worked for me and I was able to go into 400 days with my season 1 endgame preserved.

If this works, I think it will be necessary to copy the prefs file accross every time you want to play though, which is a bit of a pain.

On xbox :(

calex71 wrote: »
    On xbox :(

Ah sorry. How presumptuous of me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Having finished the DLC I have to say I'm feeling pretty reassured by it for season 2. Apart from a handful of cameos or references, they seem to be going with a brand new set of characters, which is for the best - the ending of Season 1 was perfect, why drag it out to an inevitable decline? The new characters and their back-stories are interesting so it all seems well setup for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was slightly worried when I heard each sub-story would only be about 20 minutes each, but they did such a good story with the writing and setting the characters up so quickly and so well.

Does anybody know for a fact if the choices in this will affect the next season? I really doubt it they will. A DLC which requires season 1 to heavily influence a sequel...? I think that would be a major fcuk up by the developers

Does anybody know for a fact if the choices in this will affect the next season? I really doubt it they will. A DLC which requires season 1 to heavily influence a sequel...? I think that would be a major fcuk up by the developers

Yeah, some text came up before you start saying that the choices in Season 1 affect the DLC, and the choices in the DLC will affect Season 2. Likely though it just means that some of the characters from the DLC will be background characters in Season 2 and may have one or two lines of different dialogue depending on your choices.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, some text came up before you start saying that the choices in Season 1 affect the DLC, and the choices in the DLC will affect Season 2. Likely though it just means that some of the characters from the DLC will be background characters in Season 2 and may have one or two lines of different dialogue depending on your choices.

Do you know what choices from season 1 affected the DLC?

Do you know what choices from season 1 affected the DLC?

The ones I noticed anyway were:

Russell's Story:
    If you chose to hide when the truck was coming, you hide in the grass beside a dead body. It's either Carly or Doug depending on which one Lily shot. (You also get a trophy/achievement called 'Reunited' for this)

Shel's Story:
    When they capture the foreign guy, the members of the group are the cancer survivors that helped Lee in Episode 4. They talk about how Vernon stole the boat (mentioning how either they attacked Kenny/Ben or just stole it, depending on who went with Lee at the start of Episode 5).

Only ones I noticed. Might be more depending on what dialogue choices you make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished this earlier. Very short, but I liked it.
    Did Russell first. Hid from the truck (didn't notice that it was Carly beside me, nice touch). I left the psycho guy and he killed the two old people. Russell joined the group.
    Vince second. I shot the banker guy, Justin. Vince didn't join the group. Also, I think he ran past the pharmacy from Season 1 when he was running away from the cops
    Shell Third. Chose to release the blindfolded guy and I chose to kill Stephanie. Shell didn't join the group
    Bonnie fourth. I told the truth to Leland. Bonnie went with the group.
    Wyatt last. I won the rock, paper, scissors and the psycho from the diner attacked me while I was in the car. I fought him off and drove away. Wyatt joined the group.
    Bit confused about the ending though. Out of the five, three joined the group. Is the aim to get them all in the group? Should I play through it again to do it "properly"?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finished this earlier. Very short, but I liked it.
    Did Russell first. Hid from the truck (didn't notice that it was Carly beside me, nice touch). I left the psycho guy and he killed the two old people. Russell joined the group.
    Vince second. I shot the banker guy, Justin. Vince didn't join the group. Also, I think he ran past the pharmacy from Season 1 when he was running away from the cops
    Shell Third. Chose to release the blindfolded guy and I chose to kill Stephanie. Shell didn't join the group
    Bonnie fourth. I told the truth to Leland. Bonnie went with the group.
    Wyatt last. I won the rock, paper, scissors and the psycho from the diner attacked me while I was in the car. I fought him off and drove away. Wyatt joined the group.
    Bit confused about the ending though. Out of the five, three joined the group. Is the aim to get them all in the group? Should I play through it again to do it "properly"?
    No. I don't actually think it's possible to get them all to join. From reading the Wiki, it says that when Tavia (the woman recruiting them at the end) can say that either "There might be people you know there" or "There's people of all ages there", the first one means Russell and Wyatt go with you (Russell's looking for his grandmother and Wyatt's looking for the guy he was with) and the second one means Shel and her sister goes with you (because Shel think's it'd be good because there'll be young people for her sister to be with). Bonnie always goes with you and Vince goes if you shot the accused rapist guy.

So that dialogue choice by Tavia means you're essentially choosing between Russell & Wyatt, or Shel & her sister.

No. I don't actually think it's possible to get them all to join. From reading the Wiki, it says that when Tavia (the woman recruiting them at the end) can say that either "There might be people you know there" or "There's people of all ages there", the first one means Russell and Wyatt go with you (Russell's looking for his grandmother and Wyatt's looking for the guy he was with) and the second one means Shel and her sister goes with you (because Shel think's it'd be good because there'll be young people for her sister to be with). Bonnie always goes with you and Vince goes if you shot the accused rapist guy.

So that dialogue choice by Tavia means you're essentially choosing between Russell & Wyatt, or Shel & her sister.
    I got them all to join on my first attempt (I'm that good)

My choices were
    Russell: Dodge the truck and walk out on the nutjob at the end
    Vince: Throw the gun in the bin, shoot the guy who claims to be innocent
    Wyatt: Lose paper/rock/scissors and attempt to drag the cop, your friend will drive off
    Shell: Kill the blindfolded guy, call your sister's bluff on her wanting to shoot Stephaine, drive off instead of killing her
    Bonnie: I actually can't remember what I did here. I didn't think this episode was great. I think I didn't admit to anything and just tried to get away from the bandits rather than being sentimental around the dying woman.

At the very end, it seems like you can convince some of them to come with you anyway. Wyatt/Russell seemed to be on the fence but mention of meeting people they might know tided them over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It is possible to get them all to join.
    Vince: Keep the banker. Shoot the other guy. Vince will join right up.

Shel: Kill the prisoner. Drive away (Don't shoot Stephanie)

Wyatt: Doesn't really matter - just have Tavia say there could be people they know there.

Russel: Doesnt really matter - just have Tavia say there could be people they know there.

Bonnie: Doesnt really matter. She'll always join.

Oh. That's interesting. I guess I f*cked up in Shel's story then, as I chose to shoot Stephanie and stay with the group. I guess if you did that and then said there's people of all ages there then Shel might have come, but Wyatt and Russell might not.

Ah well, wasn't too fond of Shel anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The choices from previous episodes dont seem to make that big of a difference. I missed most of them as its been a while since I played through.

wasn't there a spoiler thread for this game so we didn't have to use tags :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I got them all to join on my first attempt (I'm that good)

My choices were
    Russell: Dodge the truck and walk out on the nutjob at the end
    Vince: Throw the gun in the bin, shoot the guy who claims to be innocent
    Wyatt: Lose paper/rock/scissors and attempt to drag the cop, your friend will drive off
    Shell: Kill the blindfolded guy, call your sister's bluff on her wanting to shoot Stephaine, drive off instead of killing her
    Bonnie: I actually can't remember what I did here. I didn't think this episode was great. I think I didn't admit to anything and just tried to get away from the bandits rather than being sentimental around the dying woman.

At the very end, it seems like you can convince some of them to come with you anyway. Wyatt/Russell seemed to be on the fence but mention of meeting people they might know tided them over.
    Sand wrote: »
    It is possible to get them all to join.
    Vince: Keep the banker. Shoot the other guy. Vince will join right up.

Shel: Kill the prisoner. Drive away (Don't shoot Stephanie)

Wyatt: Doesn't really matter - just have Tavia say there could be people they know there.

Russel: Doesnt really matter - just have Tavia say there could be people they know there.

Bonnie: Doesnt really matter. She'll always join.
    Feck it. I'll just copy those choices and get everyone in the group. I don't want characters missing from season 2.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Feck it. I'll just copy those choices and get everyone in the group. I don't want characters missing from season 2.

Why don't you copy your current save to another slot, then rewind one of them and play through to
    get all 5 characters
    . Then when there is information about how the decisions will affect the sequel, you can chose which save file to continue.

It might be the case that the decisions that carry over are pretty incidental, sort of how the decisions from Season 1 are mostly only background details in 400 days. Maybe
    all the characters will end up in the camp
    early in season 2 one way or the other (to level the playing field so to speak - narrative will be much easier to construct if every player is in the same place because
    the characters are forced back together
    ), and the decisions you made in 400 days will be referenced or talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I though the first 2 or 3 episodes from the first season were ok but the last few went downhill quick .

I might give it a go though . Anybody know how much it will cost?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Only realised last night that this was out
    I played as Russell first. I didn't hide from the truck - really disappointed now knowing I'd see Carly if I did - and eventually left the guy I was with. Didn't join the group

Vince next. I didn't shoot the banker, I shot the other guy, mainly because it was his idea, but also I misunderstood what would happen. I thought they'd just try to shoot the strap off, not the whole fecking foot! Vince joined the group, which was good because he was my favourite of the five

Then Bonnie. Accidentally killed yer one, but told Leland the truth. She also joined the group

Onto Wyatt, I lost the rock-paper-scissors game, but then decided to leave the cop behind - and was then subsequently left behind myself! Instant karma. Didn't join the group

Finally I was Shel. I let the blindfolded guy go, but then decided to kill Stephanie. Also didn't join

Overall it was pretty good, and I found myself more attached to the characters than I thought i would be. It's funny that I had similar situations to deal with but dealt with them differently depending on the character

I'm speculating now, but
    Tavia mentioned that she's from a walled community... Anyone else think we might be headed for Woodbury?

Advertisement