Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I read, 'Under the Dome' before the mini series?

Options
  • 04-06-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

or is that a silly question? The books is generally better than the adaptation?

The mini-series of the book is being heavily promoted and due to go on air on Jun 24th so hopefully it will be good. I was always a fan of Stephen King but fell out of love with reading for some years. I am trying (very slowly) to re-ignite the love of reading but I find the concentration levels are not quite what they were. I guess its a matter of retraining the brain.

Anyway, Under the Dome is quite a large book so I am not certain to have it completed by June 24th. Although, it would be a good motivator to get stuck in.

Has anybody read it as yet?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭cml387

I read it. It's ok , by no means his best.

Some plot lines from the Stand, some from Needful things, some from the Tommyknockers.If you've read them then you can get the general idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

cml387 wrote: »
    I read it. It's ok , by no means his best.

Some plot lines from the Stand, some from Needful things, some from the Tommyknockers.If you've read them then you can get the general idea.

How do you think it compares to 11/22/63?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I liked Under the Dome I must say. I wouldn’t rate it as highly as 22/11/63, but it certainly is a lot better than some of his recent work. Like a lot of recent Stephen King books, I felt he ran out of steam with about 100 pages to go and the ending was poor.

Overall though I would definitely try and read it before the mini series starts. By the way, what station is the mini series on? I’d be interested in seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

ncmc wrote: »
    I liked Under the Dome I must say. I wouldn’t rate it as highly as 22/11/63, but it certainly is a lot better than some of his recent work. Like a lot of recent Stephen King books, I felt he ran out of steam with about 100 pages to go and the ending was poor.

Overall though I would definitely try and read it before the mini series starts. By the way, what station is the mini series on? I’d be interested in seeing it.

Channel 5 in the UK but I am not certain when it starts here. It starts in the USA in a couple weeks.

Advertisement