Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog has conjunctivitis

• 04-06-2013 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

hi, ten days ago I noticed that my female westie was producing more 'sleep gunk' (i dont know the official name) from one of her eyes than normal and then i noticed that it was a fairly bright green in colour. the white of her eye is also pretty red.

we went to the vet who diagnosed conjunctivitis. he said probably a bit of pollen got in her eye and prescribed eye drops twice a day. he also gave me antihistimines which she has now finished.

during the day her eye isnt too bad but every morning there is a fair bit of gunk in it and its still pretty red. Ive just been gently cleaning the gunk away with a cotton ball and warm water and im continuing with the drops. im beginning to wonder if its infected or if she needs an anti biotic. its doesnt appear to be bothering her at all so im confident shes not in pain.

anyone else have a dog suffer from this - should it not be clearing up by now?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I'd be opting for antibiotic drops at this stage, it should be clearing up by now. The green gunk would certainly suggest an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

yeah im thinking the same, i might tip down to the vet again this evening.

Advertisement