Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appaling services from beauty treatment company

Options
  • 04-06-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The staff are utterly disgraceful, they ALWAYS have my phone number wrong no matter how many times I restate my number.
    They never can find my record on their system and nearly always book in the wrong appointments.
    Sometimes when I get to their centre they say I missed my appointment because THEY booked it at the wrong time and they can't do anything about it because now they have no other times.
    They have caused damage to my skin and gave me a serum to fix the scar which doesn't even work.
    I'm sure the manager is in on this too, speaking to her made no difference. It's a contract and I have paid in full already.
    I'll have to keep going back for another few months to complete the treatment.

Who do I complain to, what should I do to protect myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I would not attend any more treatments and I would at the very least demand a refund on the remaining treatments.

I don't have all the details but depending on the circumstances I might push for a refund on treatments received too. That would depend on what the treatment is tho and how effective it has been. And most importantly it would depend on if they made me aware that scaring was a possibility.

Also depending on circumstances I would consider suing them if the scaring was bad. Not in an attempt to line my pockets but in attempt to give the establishment a bad name in the media and hopefully deter other people from going there in future saving them from bad treatments and possible injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from Beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why keep going back? If there are so many recurring problems, find someone else. Same with any product or service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Isn't it bad that I think I know the salon in question, purely from the sounds of how they treat their clients.

1. Stop all treatments, explain why. Demand your money back as you bought the sessions in good faith and if you keep missing your appointments, if its laser hair removal the treatments won't be as effective.

2. If they refuse to give your money back contact a solicitor, and demand to see the therapists laser certificate (if it is laser. If its the salon I'm thinking of, they have receptionists doing treatments when they're over booked)

3. That serum you got, (is it danne?) is not going to help with the scarring. Again, contact a solicitor.

Advertisement