Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late payment by employer.

• 04-06-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I worked for my employer at Christmas and now am being promised my wages (after constant procrastination) at the end of the month. I really can't afford to wait that long and was wondering how one might make them pay up quicker.

On a side note, this is a large employer and it's pretty much just bureaucracy keeping the pay, not a lack of means to do so.

If anyone could give me any advice that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

RBV wrote: »
    Hi,
    I worked for my employer at Christmas and now am being promised my wages (after constant procrastination) at the end of the month. I really can't afford to wait that long and was wondering how one might make them pay up quicker.

On a side note, this is a large employer and it's pretty much just bureaucracy keeping the pay, not a lack of means to do so.

If anyone could give me any advice that would be great.

Non payment or deficiency in payment pf wages is treated as an unauthorised deduction from said wages by virtue of section 5(6) Payment of Wages Act 1991; a mere administrative error would not trigger this but it sounds like this is more deliberate or has not been remedied within a reasonable time. Youc an take this up with an employment Rights Commissioner which may award you compensation in addition to the actual amounts due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RBV

Thanks very much, that's very helpful.

Advertisement