Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

• 04-06-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This morning I discovered a swollen boil with a black head on it on the corner of my dogs mouth. He is a shihtzu so he has a heavy coat, and it was only by pure chance I seem it.

He doesn't seem in any pain, and let me have a good look ( I thought I was seeing things)..

However, I am completely broke and at the moment I don't have the money for vets.

I understand that the blue cross are there but I was always under the assumption that you needed to be on social welfare or the likes, but I'm working.

I'm petrified something is wrong with my little pal. Does anyone have any advice for me? Have they seen this before on a dog?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You don't need be on SW to go to the blue cross - they ask for a €20 donation afaik. Maybe post your location and somebody might know of a clinic near you.
    ....I'd be temped to squeeze it if it was my dog! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

tk123 wrote: »
    You don't need be on SW to go to the blue cross - they ask for a €20 donation afaik. Maybe post your location and somebody might know of a clinic near you.
    ....I'd be temped to squeeze it if it was my dog! :p

Oh I'd be afraid I'd hurt him!;)

It's about the size of a 2c coin. I'm in Dublin 9

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

Monday - Friday (except Bank Holidays)
    7PM – 8PM

*Some clinics commence at 6.30PM. All clinic run until 8.00PM
    Please note that due to very large numbers in attendance at our mobile veterinary clinics that our veterinary personnel may have to curtail queues.

Monday evening:

Cabra West on Faussagh Avenue, nearby the Catholic Church.
    Tallaght outside cinemas at the third-level car park of The Square Shopping Centre, Tallaght.
    Tuesday evening:

Crumlin outside the school on Armagh Road.
    *Blanchardstown in the yellow car park of the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
    Wednesday evening:

Ballyfermot by the Catholic Church near the big roundabout on Kylemore Road.
    *Ballybrack in the car park of the Tesco Shopping Centre.
    *Smithfield on the cobblestone area just beside Linders Toyota Garage.
    Thursday evening:

*Walkinstown outside Tony Keely's bike shop and other shops on Walkinstown Green.
    Finglas on Glasson Road, just off Ballygall Road West, near the Credit Union and Superquin
    Friday evening:

* Donnycarney nearby Scoil Chiarain on Collin's Avenue East close to the Malahide Road junction end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Any chance of a photo?

kylith wrote: »
    Any chance of a photo?

Thanks for all the replies. Not too sure how to upload a photo?

But I've been trying to get one and he won't let me, thinks I want to play!

• Advertisement

Ok since it's impossible to get a pic from him, I googled images and found one almost identical. All it is missin is the head on the boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

It could be a cyst,my GSD suffers with these on her body.They normally just come to a head and thick white gunge comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Rani gets those the odd time. I don't worry about them because they don't hurt her and they seem to go away on their own. I think that they're similar to a pimple or an ingrown hair. TBH if it were me I'd see if I could gently remove the head with my nail, get the gunk (if any) out, and give it a dab with antiseptic. However; I Am Not a Vet. If you feel it warrants a trip to the vet then take them, if even only for peace of mind.

Advertisement