Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai out in force in Portmarnock today

Options
  • 04-06-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Stopping buses and checking them, another checkpoint on the main street outside the off-licence. Wouldn't be surprised if they were up at the station too.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Good. keep the scroats off the beaches.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's marvellous, let's hope they keep policing it so everyone can enjoy the fine weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Good to see Gardái out and about. Its scandalous the behavior of some of these kids who ruin a good day for families with antics.
    Just hope the Gardái realise there are beach's and underage drinking taking place all up along the coast including Portrane, Rush, Skerries and Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Listening to Joe Duffy for a few minutes today and it seems they had similar drunken idiots in Howth yesterday. It's so unfair to everyone else who just want to enjoy the seaside in the rare sunshine.

Sooo glad I live in Balbriggan and the Dart doesn't come this far - was down on the beach today, walked to Delvin bridge (wonderful enjoying the quiet, admiring the views and the heather in the rocks etc and then had a look down on the harbour beach this evening. No hassle - just people enjoying themselves in the Sunshine.

Sure Balbriggan is great :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

was picking kids up from school in portmarnock yesterday. garda check point outside the butchers stopping cars with young fellas in them and searching the cars. saw one garda walking away from a car full of young lads with a full box of miller bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

wow sierra wrote: »
    Listening to Joe Duffy for a few minutes today and it seems they had similar drunken idiots in Howth yesterday. It's so unfair to everyone else who just want to enjoy the seaside in the rare sunshine.

The Gardaí moved dozens, if not over a 100, off the East Pier on Monday afternoon and drained shedloads of booze. Yesterday there were 2 at the DART station any time I passed.

Also up to 4 checkpoints between Portmarnock DART and Malahide which caused a tailback as far the Mayne River. I had to u-turn and take a n alternate route to Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tricky D wrote: »

Also up to 4 checkpoints between Portmarnock DART and Malahide which caused a tailback as far the Mayne River. I had to u-turn and take a n alternate route to Swords.

Roadworks might have contributed to traffic congestion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

tricky D wrote: »
    The Gardaí moved dozens, if not over a 100, off the East Pier on Monday afternoon and drained shedloads of booze. Yesterday there were 2 at the DART station any time I passed.
    Great to hear! They had the place wrecked last week - broken glass everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Fair play to them. That's great. Given their limited resources, I think the Gardaí do a great job.

There were a bunch of very hungover 16 ish year old kids on my train into work this morning. The smell of booze off them was gas. I would guess they were at the beach for the day yesterday. Think they got on at Donabate. They seemed like grand folk though. I suppose not all under age drinkers are going to be asshats either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

neris wrote: »
    was picking kids up from school in portmarnock yesterday. garda check point outside the butchers stopping cars with young fellas in them and searching the cars. saw one garda walking away from a car full of young lads with a full box of miller bottles.

Really.they refuse to come to houses in the area where burglaries are in progress, they won't persecute attacks on people, or break-in where the people are known and named, but they will search teenagers cars and confiscate their booze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I was driving through yesterday .anyone with a car parked on the path got a ticket.garda walking Down the road.at one stage if I'm really honest I locked the doors of the car.i had the three kids in it and was just sitting in traffic.
    I used to love that beach as a kid.but I think ill head to skerries with the kids today.i love Balbriggan but dog pooh is a problem.
    If you see me there would you rub a bit of sun ream into my back , I can never reach :-)))!!

Advertisement