Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Results & Offers 2013.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 avolon

I got my first and only choice of Arts in UCC.

Well you do know that if you get offered UCC in the next round that you can take it?

as long as UCC was a higher choice than Trinity that is

• Registered Users Posts: 39 canon14

avolon wrote: »
    as long as UCC was a higher choice than Trinity that is

Yup UCC was :-) congrats on Your offer

canon14 wrote: »
    Yup UCC was :-) congrats on Your offer

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

Would any of you have advice or tips for any of us going down this route next year.
    Is there anything you would recommend ( or not )
    How do you feel about the exam prep courses offered?
    What about any books to prepare for the exam?

Well done to all of you that got offered a place and to those that are waiting on the next rounds, I really hope you get what you want.

Thanks. Creme egg.

• Advertisement

hi i did go to an exam prep course that helped a little it was hard though as they had changed the tests this year from previous years. I did find the maths very tough. I didnt use books to help, just what the prep course handed out. Be ready for this to take over your life from the day you fill out cao forms. I have found it a stressful process , now i did get a positive result, but it was tough

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rosmantic

Cant believe the rise in points this year :-(

hi rosmantic..... did you not get an offer? im sorry if you didnt. Maybe in the next round you might

Canon 14 no didnt get any offers my firdt choices were dundalk, according to cao points released earlier i was two points off psyco .... :-(

im so sorry . Seriously fingers crossed for august 1st for you xxx

• Advertisement

Thank u, ill be crossing fingers and toes :-) did u get any offers?

rosmantic wrote: »
    Thank u, ill be crossing fingers and toes :-) did u get any offers?

Hi, yes i got general in trinity , have to move from Tipperary , it will be a hard move but four years will fly ! I'm hoping maybe to get UL in Aug so i can commute but i doubt it very much as i was 20 below , UCC could be an option as i only missed it by 1 point. So will see .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Canon 14 no didnt get any offers my firdt choices were dundalk, according to cao points released earlier i was two points off psyco .... :-(

god :( you poor thing I thought my 5 points short was bad but two points short is harsh

Hi, yes i got general in trinity , have to move from Tipperary , it will be a hard move but four years will fly ! I'm hoping maybe to get UL in Aug so i can commute but i doubt it very much as i was 20 below , UCC could be an option as i only missed it by 1 point. So will see .

Dublin is a hard move but the four years will fly, hopefullt ul get UCC in aug :-)

PucaMama wrote: »
    god :( you poor thing I thought my 5 points short was bad but two points short is harsh

I know i was devastated hopefully it will come good in aug tho, aw u poor thing its so hard wen u know u were so close isnt it what courses did u apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kayla1989

I got psychiatric in nuig. It was 3rd on my choices. I was 1 point off general. Does anyone know if I accept this offer and point for general drop 1 in next round can you still get off if I've already accepted.well done to everyone on there offers.

if it is above your offer you accepted than yes you could be offered it in aug. thats what i am hoping for

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kayla1989

if it is above your offer you accepted than yes you could be offered it in aug. thats what i am hoping for

Ok that's great. Going to accept it so would hate not to have any offer. Would still love psychiatric so I'm not complaining. Hope you get what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roisni

congratulations to every one who got there places yesterday. i am only one point short for id in ucc so hoping for 2 round offer

roisni wrote: »
    congratulations to every one who got there places yesterday. i am only one point short for id in ucc so hoping for 2 round offer

Aw u poor thing roisni i was two short for pysc in dkit :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 roisni

hopefully we will both get it in second round offers fingers and toes crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kazmac

Anyone psych nursing @ Trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ls87

does anyone know are the points reduced from round a, in round a and 1 and 2?? or is it the same for all the rounds..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Ls87 wrote: »
    does anyone know are the points reduced from round a, in round a and 1 and 2?? or is it the same for all the rounds..
    They usually reduce but it depends on the points of the person next on the order of merit. If a course has an asterisk after it, it means that there was someone on those points who didn't get a place. In that case the points may not drop. In other cases they could drop by 1 point or 20, depending on who's next. Short answer: they usually drop but not necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Round zero is the 19th August
    ;)

Edit: Oops. Round 1 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone might know what the timetable might be like for nursing. Is it 9 to 5 5 days a week?

Hi Guys

does anyone know where is the best place to live near trinity? i have no clue about dublin. Doubt I will be able to afford Trinity Halls lol. ANy advice would be appreciated

Hi Guys

does anyone know where is the best place to live near trinity? i have no clue about dublin. Doubt I will be able to afford Trinity Halls lol. ANy advice would be appreciated

I lived round the drumconda lower, dorset street, really close to all bus links that serve trinity and, its only a 20-25 min walk to trinity and so close to town too, hopefully that helps

I lived round the drumconda lower, dorset street, really close to all bus links that serve trinity and, its only a 20-25 min walk to trinity and so close to town too, hopefully that helps

was it very expensiive

• Advertisement

was it very expensiive

It wasnt to bad wen i was there but that is because i shared an apartment with two other girls, its a popular area for students because it is very convinuent to all colleges but u can find quite reasonable rent in places,

Advertisement