Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Results & Offers 2013.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 canon14

thanks rosmantic. Im looking for a place that is reasonably cheap, im going to try and get a job as a HCA also up there. I will want to live somewhere quiet as im 33 and really will need a quiet place to come home to and study or relax. Have my own house in tipp where i live alone so it is going to be a huge change

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rosmantic

canon14 wrote: »
    thanks rosmantic. Im looking for a place that is reasonably cheap, im going to try and get a job as a HCA also up there. I will want to live somewhere quiet as im 33 and really will need a quiet place to come home to and study or relax. Have my own house in tipp where i live alone so it is going to be a huge change

Dublin is a huge change, such a busy pace to live there, well drumcondra is close to to the mater hospital, some parts can be very quite but for extra peace maybe somplace outside the city wud be better, hope u find somewhere :)

thank you :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 9 loukay

Hi all, did anybody apply or receive on offer for children and general nursing in trinity. Just want to know if I have any hope. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kazmac

Psychiatric nursing Trinity anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

Kazmac wrote: »

Hey didnt get it in trinity, jus wondering when u start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kazmac

Sharon2013 wrote: »
    Hey didnt get it in trinity, jus wondering when u start?

Not sure Sharon. Last year it was the 17th Sept. Where did you get?

got general in trinity , we may be in some of the same classes

Not sure Sharon. Last year it was the 17th Sept. Where did you get?

Hey I got dcu I start 30th of sept.

did you get the info sent out? i still havent gotten anything in the post from trinity

• Advertisement

did you get the info sent out? i still havent gotten anything in the post from trinity

Hey, no didnt receive any info yet in post jus checked holiday timetable on Internet. Mayb try trinity website an it mite tell u. Do u know where u wil b goin on placement?

checked the timetable looks to be 16th september :) im not sure , maybe James's

Hey, has anyone received any info in the post yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 meganmaher21

Anybody doing general nursing in Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ELC86

hi all

this is my first time applying and got 550 points. I am nervous coz didnt get any offers yet.

I applied with ucd and trinity, both requested me to fill in forms and return to them prior to offers being published.

Congrats to all that got in.

I dont know what my chances are of getting an offer but my nerves are frayed from all the worry

I applied for the below, any info or advice welcome
    1. TR914 Mature Applicants Midwifery (Restricted)
    2. TR913 Midwifery
    3. TR093 General Nursing (Adelaide School of Nursing) (Restricted)
    4. DN452 Midwifery
    5. TR094 Mature Applicants General Nursing (Adelaide Sch. of Nursing) (Restricted)
    6. DN460 Mature Applicants General Nursing (Restricted)
    DN461 Mature Apps Children`s & General Nurs(Integrated) (Restricted)
    8. TR912 Mature Applicants Children`s and General Nursing (Integrated) (Restricted)
    9. DN462 Mature Applicants Midwifery (Restricted)
    TR092 Mature Applicants General Nursing (Meath and St James`s) (Restricted)

so so so nerve racking and happy for those that got offers as the pain of waiting is over

http://www2.cao.ie/points/mat_nur_pts_rndA_2013.pdf hi here is the link to the way the points for the courses, i am surprised you didnt get the adelaide as it was 536 ??

http://www2.cao.ie/points/mat_nur_pts_rndA_2013.pdf hi here is the link to the way the points for the courses, i am surprised you didnt get the adelaide as it was 536 ??

I had got an application from adelaide directly but never called me for interview.

I dont know if that had an impact on that but i guess i have to wait til next week.

you should call them and ask them ? i would , no harm to know why you werent called for an interview hun

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Hey. Did you apply with your leaving cert results as well and/or FETAC? Cos you've some standard codes in there so you might get an offer for those if your LC points are high enough/FETAC results are very good (but FETAC is very competitive).

I'd say your best chance would be general in UCD cos the points for that were 559 but depends how many people are above you on the order of merit. You could try ringing UCD and seeing if they'll tell you where you are on the order of merit, that'd give you a good idea if you've a chance. Some of the colleges are giving out that info.

Thanks for that info i will try to give them a ring and see if they will tell me anything. I did my GSCE outside of Ireland so i dont know what impact that has.No Fetac.
    @canon14 , I think Adelaide school of Nursing once they dont call you for interview you dont get offered a place.

• Advertisement

WildRosie wrote: »
    Hey. Did you apply with your leaving cert results as well and/or FETAC? Cos you've some standard codes in there so you might get an offer for those if your LC points are high enough/FETAC results are very good (but FETAC is very competitive).

I'd say your best chance would be general in UCD cos the points for that were 559 but depends how many people are above you on the order of merit. You could try ringing UCD and seeing if they'll tell you where you are on the order of merit, that'd give you a good idea if you've a chance. Some of the colleges are giving out that info.

Wow i didn't know that, i missed ucc by one point, i thought it would be cao that would deal with the order of merit

Wow i didn't know that, i missed ucc by one point, i thought it would be cao that would deal with the order of merit

You've a great chance in the next round! UCC aren't giving out the OOM, it differs from college to college. But I'd be very surprised if you don't get an offer. You must ranked 1-3 on the OOM :)

UCC doesnt disclose that information, i just rang them . They said it would give out a false sense of hope

do you really think i have a good chance??? o gosh i am welling up. If i got it , it would mean i didnt have to move :)

ELC86 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info i will try to give them a ring and see if they will tell me anything. I did my GSCE outside of Ireland so i dont know what impact that has.No Fetac.
    @canon14 , I think Adelaide school of Nursing once they dont call you for interview you dont get offered a place.

I don't think you can apply with GCSEs, think it has to be A levels. So yeah I'd say your best chance would be UCD but depends on how many people are ahead of you on the OOM.

do you really think i have a good chance??? o gosh i am welling up. If i got it , it would mean i didnt have to move :)

Well one point is really close. There's prob people that want mids but got general and then get mids in second round plus deferrals. I'd say you've a good chance alright. Hope you get it. It would be great not to have to move :)

@wildrosie , all fingers x'd at this point and hope for the best for everyone thats waiting with me :)

thanks for the info , i am more nervous now than i was on the 5th july. Dont get me wrong i am truly delighted to have gotten general but the location is also so important. ROLL ON AUG 1st

goodluck hun

• Advertisement

thanks rosie just applied to that group :)

Advertisement