Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Aqua Natal

• 04-06-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and looking to do some sort of fitness classes. I read that aqua natal is very good. Does anyone know of any running at the moment in Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I went to a normal aquafit class in my local pool all the way up to 38 weeks last time. They just ask at the beginning if anyone is pregnant & tell you certain things that you aren't to do. Also did pregnancy yoga up to 40 weeks & it was great. Have a 19 month old this time round so harder to get out to classes, but defo going to try get to one or other when I hit 20 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I also went to normal classes at my local pool instead of aqua natal classes and they just always asked at the beginning who was pregnant and advised me when I shouldn't do a particular exercise. I found a few in Dublin when I searched, I think the only one near me was in a pool in Merrion.

Aqua natal classes were 20EUR a class, the classes at my local pool were 6EUR a class and had much better times. 20EUR a class just seemed too expensive to me, especially if you wanted to do it often. I went to classes 2/3 times a week so paying 6EUR made a huge difference in my pocket.

I did it up until last week (I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant now) and found it really helpful for stretching my limbs out and taking some of the pressure off as well as building up strength in my legs. Yoga is really not my thing so I found the swimming great.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Oral Slang wrote: »
    I went to a normal aquafit class in my local pool all the way up to 38 weeks last time. They just ask at the beginning if anyone is pregnant & tell you certain things that you aren't to do. Also did pregnancy yoga up to 40 weeks & it was great. Have a 19 month old this time round so harder to get out to classes, but defo going to try get to one or other when I hit 20 weeks.

where did you do your pregnancy yoga??? i need to destress myself big time and think thats the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Maddison, are you based in Dublin? I do it in South William St - it's €90 for 6 weeks. I find it really good and Rachel the instructor is great -she really works you hard!
    http://www.mywellbeing.ie/Pregnancy-Yoga.html

Oral Slang, think I'm going to try the local pool as well, it's only €7 for aquafit classes as opposed to €20 for special aqua natal classes!

Maddison, are you based in Dublin? I do it in South William St - it's €90 for 6 weeks. I find it really good and Rachel the instructor is great -she really works you hard!
    http://www.mywellbeing.ie/Pregnancy-Yoga.html

Oral Slang, think I'm going to try the local pool as well, it's only €7 for aquafit classes as opposed to €20 for special aqua natal classes!

Ye im in dublin and work in town so that would be perfect. Do you have to be someone who has done yoga before though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Definitely not - I think I had only ever done 1 normal yoga class before! I'm pretty unfit, so I find this is helping me big time!

oooh perfect, youre a star. thanks a mill for the advice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Sorry, only seeing this now. I did mine in Clondalkin, but don't think they're on anymore, the teacher went back to being a community midwife. Need to find some locally now - think there are some on in Tallaght, but I see you're sorted anyway.

I bring my little one swimming on a Sunday morning, so nearly doing an aquafit class once a week anyway, up & down the pool dozens of times, so a decent enough workout.

Advertisement