Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wife and connecting to internet is not working.

Options
  • 04-06-2013 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I like to go to my local coffee shop a few times a week for the wifi. I like the coffee shop because when I don't have much money, I can get something small like a cup of tea and sit then for a bit for the wifi on my ipod.

Last week as usual I went to my coffee shop but it didn't work for me. Same thing is happening again today.

I can pick up a signal and join the network and the password is correct but when I head into safari and try to use the internet, or use an app that requires a connection, it doesn't work. It says I need to connect to a wireless network. Wifi signal is good.

Went to the local hotel at the weekend and all worked well.

I tried to turn it as in wifi off and on again. Ipod off and on again. Did the password again.

Its not working for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I like to go to my local coffee shop a few times a week for the wifi. I like the coffee shop because when I don't have much money, I can get something small like a cup of tea and sit then for a bit for the wifi on my ipod.

Last week as usual I went to my coffee shop but it didn't work for me. Same thing is happening again today.

I can pick up a signal and join the network and the password is correct but when I head into safari and try to use the internet, or use an app that requires a connection, it doesn't work. It says I need to connect to a wireless network. Wifi signal is good.

Went to the local hotel at the weekend and all worked well.

I tried to turn it as in wifi off and on again. Ipod off and on again. Did the password again.

Its not working for me.

I don't think a wife was ever intended to be used that way :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

If it worked with a different wifi connection (hotel) it suggests there may be a problem with the coffee shop's network. Your device can still connect to the wifi, but the router may not be accessing the external network for various reasons/problems. Those secure connection things (the password portal) are usually served up before you make any connection to the external network (the internet).

I would first

1. Double check my Password is correct.
    2. Ask the coffee shop employee/owner if there is a problem accessing the network (note you can pick up the wifi, but you cannot access the internet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I'm just after noticing my mistake in the title. I laughed so much. K thanks for your reply. It brought tears to my eyes with laughter.

BGOZie, thanks for your reply. If the problem is still there next time I'm in, I'll mention it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Its a bummer when the wife isnt working!!! Its not like you can go back and exchange her, that would be far too costly. I'd suggest some TLC!!!

W.

Advertisement