Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with word doc automatically shutting down

Options
  • 04-06-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,

Although this thread is suggesting there may be a problem with word, I am not so sure where the fault lies, but anyway....

On an ever increasing rate the word doc that I am currently working on "stops working" shuts down and restarts itself. Thankfully I don't usually lose anything in the process, but it does interrupt the flow of work. I think it happens most frequently when I am copying and pasting from one word doc to another.

I am using windows vista (basic), but does anyone know what the issue may be or what I can do to stop the problem from reoccurring?

Upgrading from vista is not an option available to me.

Thanks AnSpinc.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What version of Word? Assuming 2007, click on the round orb, Click options>Addons and disable any third party ones. See if this helps

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Anspinc

Nick,
    It's word 2010. does that make a difference to your suggestion?

Thanks
    An Spinc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Anspinc wrote: »
    Nick,
    It's word 2010. does that make a difference to your suggestion?

Thanks
    An Spinc

Click the blue "File" menu>Options and then addons. Disable the third party ones in there as one of these may be causing your issues

Nick

Advertisement