Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pen of Choice?

• 04-06-2013 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

Personally I'm a big fan of these:
    Bic_Orange_fine_by_zmoodel.jpg
    I considered writing my Poetry essay with one of those swanky blood quills from Potter to show my dedication and personal connection to Sylvia Plaths poetry, but I'm not a big fan of blood. Infact it makes me faint, not the best plan in English P2.

And I do all my maths with these:
    il_fullxfull.364911435_qpvn.jpg

So LCerts 2013, on the eve of English Paper 1, what is your writing utensil of choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

The bic 4 colour pen.

s0390667_sc7?$splssku$

Or the old reliable.

bic.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I knew the pen thread would pop up sooner or later!

I still need to check my pen stocks but I'm usually a standard Stadtler (or however you spell it!) kind of person. There's just something about their colour that I love. When I run out of those though I'll probably be back to the standard trusty Bic. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I use the staedtler pen aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

0820254003.jpg

Find the papermate ones really good!

Btw for the maths papers are people using pen or dark pencil?! I'm thinking pen but I'm not sure due to the lack of space if you get it wrong, I know theirs space at the back but I'm convienced they wont check it or something :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Pencil for Maths, I couldn't possibly imagine doing Maths with a pen! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I knew the pen thread would pop up sooner or later!

I still need to check my pen stocks but I'm usually a standard Stadtler (or however you spell it!) kind of person. There's just something about their colour that I love. When I run out of those though I'll probably be back to the standard trusty Bic. :(

I'm the same love the colour of them Espicially the red :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I used to always to maths in pen, but with those stupid boxes, I have to use pencil to try keep it neater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Much as it kills me because of the amount of mistakes I make I always go with pen for maths. I always find it really hard to see pencil because my numbers are too big to fit a number per box so when they go outside a box each it gets hard to tell what the numbers are with the numbers themselves and then the lines for the boxes. :L

I'm planning on doing as much rough work as possible in an answer booklet, to try keep everything clear.

rant:
    Who's fecking idea was it to make us write in squares? I haven't used a square copy since 5th class! And 10x10mm is too bloody small!
    /rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

I'm using stadelter and a Schneider pen, they are pure easy to write quick with.

Went frantic this morning looking for a stadelter pen bought 5 blacks and 5 blues cause I had a dream I ran out of my pen during english paper two and the only alternative was a tesco value pen in the other colour and I couldn't bear use it so I had to leave the exam. >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

can u use red pen

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I use a black pen. All brands look the same ? As for red/blue I'll use whatever I can get haha.

can u use red pen

No red or green pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnL-SBA75mEzAoxSPFgZIIaWYqPF-59MY5vY-rCIF9J2klpxVp

I live on the wild side. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Parker fountain pen, only one heavy enough to make my writing even halfway readable. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

This is what is used when I did the lc last year: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helix-Oxford-Ball-point-Stick/dp/B003KG9UFW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

I didn't know there was a different pen rules for each paper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭miss_aisling

This is the king

stabilo-blue-right-pen-2_1.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Love this pen, only bought a supply of 8 today <3
    4BB35F5072A10799E1008000AC193D36.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Those tesco pens, the grey and blue/red/black ones are pretty nice, I must have about 40 of them by now. I have a fancy parker pen I was given as a gift too, but it'll probably get nicked/lost. I also have one of those Fixation erasable pens for Accounting and Maths. Handy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bic 4 colour pen ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Well seeing as you all use plain biros, Bics and Staedtlers..this is gonna be kinda weird but I use cartridge fountain pens :) Went through a scores of pens until I finally settled on these.

P6140374.JPG

Usually not in purple though..usually :p

Fineliners are my second choice

943258.jpg

I like the felt tip feel more than the fountain pen but I had a few accidents with the fineliners(ruined 2 shirts :o) so I mostly ditched them although I could have just stopped putting them in my pocket..open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

decisions wrote: »
    rant:
    Who's fecking idea was it to make us write in squares? I haven't used a square copy since 5th class! And 10x10mm is too bloody small!
    /rant
    I agree 100%. Those tiny boxes are ridiculous and really off-putting, so much so that I did my summer test in an answer booklet rather than using the boxes provided (I've just finished 5th year). If you're going to force the use of squares, at least make them those light blue ones that were in those primary school maths copies.

Regarding pens, I've always used these Faber Castells since my Junior Cert mocks. I find lots of pens too dry, but these ones aren't trying to conserve their ink. Most importantly, I've never had one run out before all the ink was actually gone.

PensFaberCastell.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Ahh, my favourite pens! ^^ Them and of course the trusty Bic four pen <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That was my exam pen during the Leaving and all through college.
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Well seeing as you all use plain biros, Bics and Staedtlers..this is gonna be kinda weird but I use cartridge fountain pens :) Went through a scores of pens until I finally settled on these.

I like the felt tip feel more than the fountain pen but I had a few accidents with the fineliners(ruined 2 shirts :o) so I mostly ditched them although I could have just stopped putting them in my pocket..open.

Great choice with the fountain pen. The only thing I'd be afraid of is not bringing a spare cartridge in with me.

I have a Lamy Safari at the moment and it is so smooth to write with. Just glides over the paper. Can't go back to ballpoints after it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Great choice with the fountain pen. The only thing I'd be afraid of is not bringing a spare cartridge in with me.

I have a Lamy Safari at the moment and it is so smooth to write with. Just glides over the paper. Can't go back to ballpoints after it.

Ooh they look good. Might invest in one of those, can you get them in easons?

Yeah the cartridge thing is an issue but I usually get like 3-4 school days on a cartridge and I can keep a spare one inside the pen itself so it's not as worrying at the moment. I'm only in 5th year, I'll be bringing in a reserve cartridge case or something next year, just to be sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Ooh they look good. Might invest in one of those, can you get them in easons?

Yeah the cartridge thing is an issue but I usually get like 3-4 school days on a cartridge and I can keep a spare one inside the pen itself so it's not as worrying at the moment. I'm only in 5th year, I'll be bringing in a reserve cartridge case or something next year, just to be sure :)

Don't think they're in Easons. They are in that pen shop near Trinity. I ordered mine from Amazon.

You should get the ink from Amazon. Look around and you'll find some great 4 for the price of 1 deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

parker jotter all the way

Advertisement