Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harmonix Fantasia Music Evolved

• 04-06-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭

Can I get a big fat wobbly "MEH" from everyone? :)
    Kinect Arm Waving Simulator (tm).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh.

I was expecting a cool music game.

Sad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

facebooks-meh-button.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What were people expecting from Harmonix? A music game based around a plastic wand?

Come to think of it...

On a serious note though, if they can combine the fun of Dance Central with a bit of creativity on the music "creation" side then it could be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Man, I'm totally out of the loop. The only band/artist name I recognised there was Queen :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was hoping they would go back to the rock band series for some inspiration but alas :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hmm... there's actually potential in this. Fantasia is a wonderfully weird avant garde music video in the form of a Disney cartoon, so theoretically there's a lot of atmosphere and experimentation work that could be done. I can see it translating well to something along the lines of Child of Eden...

But then again: **** Kinect. And they always make the worst ads for Kinect software. The screenshots online look much more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

But then again: **** Kinect. And they always make the worst ads for Kinect software. The screenshots online look much more interesting.

I think trailers in general are missing something at the moment. There are quite a few trailers, especially teasers, for new franchises that simply show zero gameplay. How am I supposed to get excited for a game if all I've seen is 30 seconds of live action or CGI with no indication as to what type of game it's going to be?

Anyways, that's another topic for another day.

Advertisement