Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

• 04-06-2013 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Anyone pick this up yet? I'm waiting on mine to be delivered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Very solid album with some cracking riffs. Wont regret buying it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Looking forward to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

You might want to turn phantom limb up full and let the neighbours appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Great album, particularly like the title track and the final 3 songs.

Good stuff outta them.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

I never heard anything about this,anyone know when it was recorded?

• Advertisement

Only on my second listen, and in the car, so can't concentrate properly. First 3 songs are great, phantom limb is great. The rest have to grow on me. Some of them sound similar to Cantrell's solo stuff, which isn't a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I like it but feel it is maybe 1-2 songs too long. Having said that I don't know which songs I'd take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I like it but feel it is maybe 1-2 songs too long. Having said that I don't know which songs I'd take off.
    i`d scrap Lab Monkey and Low Ceiling, the latter reminds me of Oasis.A ten song album clocking in at an hour would have made more sense...Impressive album nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Have had it in my car the past few weeks so have only heard it in bits and pieces. At first I didnt think much of it. Decent album but nothing great. The more I hear it though, the more I like it. Definitely a grower.

Stone, Breath on a Window and Hung on a Hook are great songs, but I think Phantom Limb might be the winner here.

I think Black Gives Way To Blue was a better album, but this is a great follow up. Taking it as a new band due to the long gap, the second album is always very difficult when the first one is so good (Example: Velvet Revolver. First was great, second was beyond awful). Alice in Chains have nailed it and shown it wasnt a one off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

I consider myself one of the biggest AiC fans on the planet but I think it's arguably their weakest studio release. A bit plodding where sludgy would normally be the substitute. The album drags in the middle. "Voices" is the first time I've felt they overstepped the poppy mark, even Check My Brain kept it heavy with the riffs and was sort of aware of its pop veneer.

However, Scalpel and Choke are two fantastic songs and I'm delighted they made it on those two alone. Low Ceiling, the title track and Hung on a Hook are pretty great too.

• Advertisement

Pretty Done is pretty strong as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭fluke

Low Ceiling, & Breath on a Window are a great one two punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This is my favourite album of the year so far. I think its a really cohesive record from start to finish. First time I heard it, i thought it was terrible, but to me its the kind of record where you discover something new and awesome in each song each time you listen to it. Love Phantom Limb, Breath on a Window and Stone, but the whole thing is damn solid from start to finish. Lab Monkey is another great tune. Cant get enough of this album, I gotta say.

Advertisement