Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb loin chops - which marinade ?

Options
  • 04-06-2013 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Plan on barbequing them gently but wanna marinade them.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Time to raid the larder! Anything can work from the good ol kitchen press.

Or a couple of suggestions (I normally use these ideas):
    1. Garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme/rosemary or both, olive oil, freshly crushed black pepper.
    2. Garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, a bit of hot sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    1. Garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme/rosemary or both, olive oil, freshly crushed black pepper.

This.
    Good salt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

This.
    Good salt too.

Having said this, do you put salt in the marinade or when the chops are on the barbie? I have split opinions on this as some say to omit the salt in marinade as it will toughen the meat, while others say adding salt in early stage is crucial as 'raw' salt needs to be cooked.
    I tend to leave the salt out til later if I'm marinating more than a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Having said this, do you put salt in the marinade or when the chops are on the barbie? I have split opinions on this as some say to omit the salt in marinade as it will toughen the meat, while others say adding salt in early stage is crucial as 'raw' salt needs to be cooked.
    I tend to leave the salt out til later if I'm marinating more than a couple of hours.
    You're
    Right or wrong, I like to put salt in the marinade. You could argue that this will draw moisture from the meat but I think it also tenderise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Probably too late but I went with coriander, chili, garlic and olive oil a while back. Absolutely gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Get meat out out of the fridge , rub it with salt, pepper and olive oil,leave it for an hour or two ,anything else is a bonus .... (thyme,garlic and or lemon and rosemary sound good though ) , if the lamb is any good shouldn't need much extra flavour ....
    Had lamb chump chops(just salt/pepper/oil and only 1/2 defrosted :( ) on the grill Sunday, didn't look impressive but tasted brill,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement