Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Year service Medal

Options
  • 04-06-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Just recently received my certificate of discharge from the reserve and it list my total time served in the Defense forces as 12 years. 5 with the PDF and 7 with the reserve. Does anyone know if I qualify for the 10 year service medal now with combined service or even the 7 years reserve medal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

You'll qualify for the RDF medal only, I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Defense?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Wookster76 wrote: »
    Just recently received my certificate of discharge from the reserve and it list my total time served in the Defense forces as 12 years. 5 with the PDF and 7 with the reserve. Does anyone know if I qualify for the 10 year service medal now with combined service or even the 7 years reserve medal?

Do you mean you were with the PDF for 5 years and then transferred to the first line of reserve for 7 years. Or did you re-enlist in the RDF? Two different things.

Transferring to the first line of reserve is something everyone who leaves does and isn't really counted as service, given you don't really do anything, and thus doesn't count as service. Your service ended with your discharge from the PDF.

If its the the latter situation, then I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

you only have 5 years service so wouldn't be due 10 year service medal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You only have five years reckonable service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

I know this is an old tread but I finally got my 10 year service medal.

regs.jpg

Advertisement