Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike repair

• 04-06-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm living in Maynooth and am looking to get my bike repaired. Pretty sure the bottom headset bearing needs to be replaced, just wondering what bike shops people can recommend in Dublin City Centre? I know there are local shops but none in Maynooth and I don't have a car, and would rather not cycle too far with this problem. At least I can take the bike on the train to the city centre! Have tried eurocycles and cycleways, they have too long a waiting time as I need the bike for an event, can anyone recommend other bike shops in town to try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

cycle Bike (http://buildabike.ie/) - just off Capel Street. Have not used them myself but the lads in work recommend them highly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

lucans not to far to cycle.... Staggs....great service

astroguy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm living in Maynooth and am looking to get my bike repaired. Pretty sure the bottom headset bearing needs to be replaced, just wondering what bike shops people can recommend in Dublin City Centre? I know there are local shops but none in Maynooth and I don't have a car, and would rather not cycle too far with this problem. At least I can take the bike on the train to the city centre! Have tried eurocycles and cycleways, they have too long a waiting time as I need the bike for an event, can anyone recommend other bike shops in town to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Metar

CityCycles just up from the bridge at the end of the national museum on Blackhall Place. Probably the nearest bike shop to Heuston Stn. (About a 10 min walk). Lads in there are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Hi guys,

Bikeworx in Celbridge can collect. Sound lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

Thanks guys, I cycled out to Stagg's in the end, without any problems. Now just waiting for them to fix it, and missing my bike in this glorious weather. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 rob.mccullagh

I use Rothar in Dunlaire - Patrick St
    They are brilliant!!!
    I got a type which ended up failing after a couple of months and they changed it to a top of the range type - no quibble.
    Top Notch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Hi guys,

For anything bike related in the future, why not try maynooth cycles (beside the newtown inn) opened late last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I think the OP should be sorted, after all it was nearly two years ago :)

Advertisement