Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York

Options
  • 04-06-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

HI all,

I'm plotting my family's yearly trip to Canada. Anyway, we're looking at options and one of them is a flight from Dublin to Newark that lands at 11.45pm and our connecting flight leaves at 8pm. Is there anyway we could get into New York for a couple of hours or is that just too risky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 theirishhoser

11.45am, even

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Yes. I've done it many times.

There's a great shuttle bus. Leaves every 15 mins and takes about 30 mins in to Times Square (Port Authority bus terminal).

You'll need to be back in the airport by around six so be waiting for the bus around 5ish just to be safe.

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Plenty of time to get the bus or train and see some of the city. Times Square and Empire State are close enough to Penn station or the Bus Authority station.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yew_tree

You should have ~ 4 hrs in midtown. See a few sights. Maybe get to top of the rock and a bite to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 theirishhoser

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Provided you arrive on time (they now factor sitting on the runway time in to the schedule arrival time), you would be ready to leave the airport by 1 at the latest....with a flight departing at 8pm, you'd want to be back at the airport by 6:30 (since it's technically an international flight).......train takes no more than a half hour to get to and from downtown

You will easily have 4 hours downtown, giving you plenty of time to make your way back.

Advertisement