Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brighton Marathon 2014

Options
  • 04-06-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ran the marathon in Brighton? If so, how would you rate it?

It's on April 6th next year but for some reason sign up closes in two weeks, which seems strange to me. I appreciate they want the cash early but I would have thought a punitive entry for the rest of the year would be offered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Has anyone here ran the marathon in Brighton? If so, how would you rate it?

It's on April 6th next year but for some reason sign up closes in two weeks, which seems strange to me. I appreciate they want the cash early but I would have thought a punitive entry for the rest of the year would be offered.

I have not done this marathon however it's very popular for all those who do not get into London. With the population of London, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire they really have great numbers for two big marathons on the south east area. Its the second largest marathon in the UK actually. That said I too am surprised they are closing the entry in two weeks. Maybe the organises felt it's best to keep the race capped at 5,000 or so that overdo it with the numbers.

Brighton's a lovely city by the sea so I'm sure the course will take in a lot of that. Lots of nice old buildings to look at and some great restaurants/bars after the race. Sorry I can't be anymore helpful then just general stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Looked at doing this next year but closing in mid June put me off. Also 12,000 did it last year so they're aiming at the people using it as a back up for London i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

I think they're closing it because they expect it to be full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 timchapman

I was looking at it as well. I was chatting to a woman while running the limerick marathon she really recommended it.

Advertisement