Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oki c5950 problem, image drum/toner

Options
  • 04-06-2013 6:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hey folks..

ok, so the message i got was i needed to change the k image drum, as it was empty, now dont quote me on this but i think the k toner was at about 80%.

i bought a new image drum and put it in,, now a bit of toner, in fact, a good bit kinda flew all over the place as i took it out.

but i put it back in,, when i say i put it back,, i put into the area where it was , say in the slot of the image drum, if this makes any sense,,

when i turned the printer on it told me my k toner was empty..

now is this a hardware thing? do i need to reset it? or could the toner just have emptied out of the toner holder thingy and now empty???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

anyone_480_poster.png

ANYONE???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

sounds as though some toner may have covered the sensors that inform the printer when the toner is empty and your getting false readings.

Try taking your printer outside (toner is bad if inhaled), and use compressed air to give it a good clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maggo123

Package, did you get this sorted? Same happened me with the new drum....they are telling me the toner is in the drum now and thats why the levels in the cartridges are so low, but if that is the case, why can't I print. Suffering from serious oki-itis at the min. Wishing I had never bought one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Think my dad had this issue with his Oki. As it came with a 3 year warranty he had Oki collect it for servicing within warranty. Not an ideal solution I know but if it's in warranty still may be worth a look. I cannot remember if this was the reason he sent it back but it does sound familiar

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

looks like a dirty sensor... using compressed air as described above should sort it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement