Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre

Options
  • 04-06-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

When can I get eFibre broadband? I'll give my number over PM. 

I live on a private lane which is surrounded by estates/houses that can all get fibre 500 meters in every direction from me, so don't tell me that our cab isn't enabled. 

If your going to tell me our cab isn't enabled then can I please have a list of all the cabs that are enabled in the Letterkenny exchange?

I was told  on launch day to call back in two weeks yet I still can't order it. Letterkenny has been "Now available" since 20th May. If I can't get it then update your map so that it's accurate and isn't misleading people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Manc Red wrote: »
    When can I get eFibre broadband? I'll give my number over PM. 

I live on a private lane which is surrounded by estates/houses that can all get fibre 500 meters in every direction from me, so don't tell me that our cab isn't enabled. 

If your going to tell me our cab isn't enabled then can I please have a list of all the cabs that are enabled in the Letterkenny exchange?

I was told  on launch day to call back in two weeks yet I still can't order it. Letterkenny has been "Now available" since 20th May. If I can't get it then update your map so that it's accurate and isn't misleading people.
    Hi Manc Red

Please feel free to PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Hi Manc Red

Please feel free to PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al
    Done

Important thing to note:

Every address in the area (for at least 1km in both directions) can get it. We are the only ones that can't. 

There must be an issue that is preventing us from ordering it (i.e. the line checker) because our area is definitely fibre enabled. 

Also the line checker doesn't say that we can't get it, it just says that they are unable to determine if it's available or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Sounds like I have the exact same issue as you...completely surrounded by estates which appear on the address checker but not the estate I am in.  Line checker unable to determine if I can get it. I rang eircom. They couldnt tell me if I can get it and tried to transfer me to some efibre team but accidentally transferred me to a out of service meteor customer services number which promptly cut me off.

Definitely. I was put through the same. All you get is the predictable "we will call you when you can get it" response. When you call them, they use the online checker as well but the whole point of me calling is to get them to check their own systems. 

I know for a fact that my entire area is live. Our lane just isn't appearing on their systems.

• Advertisement

S0dvByS.png

This is what comes up when I enter my account number and phone number on  the eircom website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

This is what comes up when I enter my account number and phone number on  the eircom website.
    Hi Manc Red

I Got your PM and checked with our efibre team they confirmed that your local cabinet is not connected as yet. I could not get any more definitive information or time-frame as to when this may change.

Sorry it was not better news.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Manc Red

I Got your PM and checked with our efibre team they confirmed that your local cabinet is not connected as yet. I could not get any more definitive information or time-frame as to when this may change.

Sorry it was not better news.

Thanks, Mark

If every house for at least 1km around me can get it then why can't I? Will I ever be able to get it?

My address isn't showing in the online checker and when I called eircom, they couldn't find my address. Sorry but this appears to be an issue with your systems not showing my address.

If every house for at least 1km around me can get it then why can't I? Will I ever be able to get it?

My address isn't showing in the online checker and when I called eircom, they couldn't find my address. Sorry but this appears to be an issue with your systems not showing my address.

Hi, 

I checked the estate in the PM and none of the address are showing as connected to efibre as yet.  Are the numbers showing as available (That you are checking) in your estate?

Thanks, Mark

Hi, 

I checked the estate in the PM and none of the address are showing as connected to efibre as yet.  Are the numbers showing as available (That you are checking) in your estate?

Thanks, Mark
    I don't live in an estate and didn't mention any estates in any PM. There are two estates either side of me and then there's one across the road. All can receive efibre when their address is entered into the checker. I even checked further down the road and those houses can get it as well. (I can give you the names of the estates via PM if you want.)

I live directly in between two estates on a private family lane. Non of our houses can get it but the houses on both sides of the fence can get it. NOTE: It doesn't actually say we can't get it, it just says "we are unable to determine if you can get it" and then it gives a number to call.

I know for a fact that cabs in the area are enabled. Houses all around me can order it.

• Advertisement

I don't live in an estate and didn't mention any estates in any PM. There are two estates either side of me and then there's one across the road. All can receive efibre when their address is entered into the checker. I even checked further down the road and those houses can get it as well. (I can give you the names of the estates via PM if you want.)

I live directly in between two estates on a private family lane. Non of our houses can get it but the houses on both sides of the fence can get it. NOTE: It doesn't actually say we can't get it, it just says "we are unable to determine if you can get it" and then it gives a number to call.

I know for a fact that cabs in the area are enabled. Houses all around me can order it.

Hi Manc Red

I double checked the exact address and telephone line / number with our efibre back room team. They confirmed although the address is under Letterkenny exchange the cabinet the address is connected to is not on the efibre network.

I was unable to get an indication as to when it may be I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Manc Red

I double checked the exact address and telephone line / number with our efibre back room team. They confirmed although the address is under Letterkenny exchange the cabinet the address is connected to is not on the efibre network.

I was unable to get an indication as to when it may be I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

What? 

So the cabinet that I'm connected to hasn't been upgraded to efibre at all? It's not in phase 1 of the eFibre rollout? 

Can you elaborate what this means please?

What? 

So the cabinet that I'm connected to hasn't been upgraded to efibre at all? It's not in phase 1 of the eFibre rollout? 

Can you elaborate what this means please?
    Hi Manc Red

Yes the Letterkenny exchange was part of phase 1 of the efibre roll-ouy. However not every cabinet / address that is facilitated by the exchange is connected to efibre (Distance from the exchange to the cabinet being the main issue)

Thanks, Mark

Hi Manc Red

Yes the Letterkenny exchange was part of phase 1 of the efibre roll-ouy. However not every cabinet / address that is facilitated by the exchange is connected to efibre (Distance from the exchange to the cabinet being the main issue)

Thanks, Mark
    I'm under 2.5km away from the main exchange (well within the boundary for Fibre). The nearest Fibre cab is around 250 meters away and I can see it out my window. Houses all around me can order it and I have just be told some all ready have it. I live in between two estates that can get it and both houses across the fence on either side can place an order for it. 

I was told back in summer of 2012 that eircom would be rolling out fibre broadband soon. It was expected before Christmas, then in the new year and then finally May. I have waited patiently to get it. I stayed with eircom specifically for this reason. Now I find out that I'm not even on the eFibre network even though it launched in Letterkenny over 3 weeks ago???  

Can you please explain why I cannot get Fibre broadband? I know that not every cab is connected but please tell me why others around me can get it and I can't. I know for a fact that both of the nearest cabs in either direction are live. It just doesn't make any sense that I'm on a cab that isn't fibre enabled.

So please tell me the cab that I'm on and where it is. If I have to change my phone number/get reconnected to get onto the fibre network then I will do it as I need it for business purposes.

I'm under 2.5km away from the main exchange (well within the boundary for Fibre). The nearest Fibre cab is around 250 meters away and I can see it out my window. Houses all around me can order it and I have just be told some all ready have it. I live in between two estates that can get it and both houses across the fence on either side can place an order for it. 

I was told back in summer of 2012 that eircom would be rolling out fibre broadband soon. It was expected before Christmas, then in the new year and then finally May. I have waited patiently to get it. I stayed with eircom specifically for this reason. Now I find out that I'm not even on the eFibre network even though it launched in Letterkenny over 3 weeks ago???  

Can you please explain why I cannot get Fibre broadband? I know that not every cab is connected but please tell me why others around me can get it and I can't. I know for a fact that both of the nearest cabs in either direction are live. It just doesn't make any sense that I'm on a cab that isn't fibre enabled.

So please tell me the cab that I'm on and where it is. If I have to change my phone number/get reconnected to get onto the fibre network then I will do it as I need it for business purposes.

Hi
    Manc Red

Do you have the address' or telephone numbers (to send via PM) of the customers who you are certain have got efibre so I can compare the address' please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi
    Manc Red

Do you have the address' or telephone numbers (to send via PM) of the customers who you are certain have got efibre so I can compare the address' please.

Thanks, Mark
    Sent you a PM.

Sent you a PM.

Hi Manc Red

I got your PM thanks, it can take a number of days to investigate.

Thanks, Mark
    [url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="430499"][/url]

Thanks for the help Mark. I hope this can be resolved ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

How accurate is the eircom coverage map for defining the actual efibre rollout you are part of. I live on the very edge of Dundalk close to Blackrock but I am connected to the Dundalk main exchange. Because I'm 7km from the exchange in Dundalk I can only get 2mb adsl. 
    Dundalk is getting efibre by dec 2013 and Blackrock co. Louth in 2014.

However when I look at eircom rollout map it shows Blackrock as going well down over Dundalk as far as jjb and it even shows Dundalk institute of technology as been in the Blackrock exchange / 2014 rollout. I am definitely  on the Dundalk exchange so does it mean a cabinet will be installed in my estate as part of Dundalk rollout or will it be in 2014 as part of the Blackrock rollout even though I'm not in Blackrock clearly Dundalk IT and all the other areas shaded as Blackrock should definitely be Dundalk.

Hi Manc Red

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark.

Any updates yet? Also what is being investigated?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Manc Red

I understand the disappointment this can cause however there is nothing I can do to provide a better answer to your query.

We are not in the position to provide reasoning behind eircoms infrastructural decisions. The only information I can offer you is what Mark has previously advised and this is all the information currently available to us at this time.
    Al

Mgit wrote: »
    How accurate is the eircom coverage map for defining the actual efibre rollout you are part of. I live on the very edge of Dundalk close to Blackrock but I am connected to the Dundalk main exchange. Because I'm 7km from the exchange in Dundalk I can only get 2mb adsl. 
    Dundalk is getting efibre by dec 2013 and Blackrock co. Louth in 2014.

However when I look at eircom rollout map it shows Blackrock as going well down over Dundalk as far as jjb and it even shows Dundalk institute of technology as been in the Blackrock exchange / 2014 rollout. I am definitely  on the Dundalk exchange so does it mean a cabinet will be installed in my estate as part of Dundalk rollout or will it be in 2014 as part of the Blackrock rollout even though I'm not in Blackrock clearly Dundalk IT and all the other areas shaded as Blackrock should definitely be Dundalk.
    Hi Alan,

can you reply to my question if you get a chance please?

Mgit wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

can you reply to my question if you get a chance please?
    Delete the above posts and open up a new thread. Your questions are being missed because they can't see them.

Hi Manc Red

I understand the disappointment this can cause however there is nothing I can do to provide a better answer to your query.

We are not in the position to provide reasoning behind eircoms infrastructural decisions. The only information I can offer you is what Mark has previously advised and this is all the information currently available to us at this time.
    Al
    Mark said:

I'm asking if there are any updates and also what is being investigated.

Any updates Mark?

Delete the above posts and open up a new thread. Your questions are being missed because they can't see them.
    ok thanks, im new here so just figuring out my way around.

Hi Manc Red

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Manc Red

Al
    Hi.

What is being investigated and how much longer will it take?

Hi.

What is being investigated and how much longer will it take?
    Hi Manc Red

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I checked the address / numbers you provided.

Yes, some surrounding cabinets are connected. However there are a lot of factors that as to why a specific cabinet may not be connected to the network. I am not able to give an indication as to when it may be. I am sorry I could not get back with any detailed news.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Manc Red

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I checked the address / numbers you provided.

Yes, some surrounding cabinets are connected. However there are a lot of factors that as to why a specific cabinet may not be connected to the network. I am not able to give an indication as to when it may be. I am sorry I could not get back with any detailed news.

Thanks, Mark
    Can you give the address/location of the cabinet that I'm connected to? I know every cabinet in the area and if I'm not connected to either of the nearest cabinets then I may not be able to get it at all due to distance. I know for a fact that both of the nearest cabinets are live and providing customers. I also know that the estate next to me is running off the same manhole as they extended it and they can get fibre. 

Fibre supposedly launched here over a month ago and there's still cabs not connected? It just doesn't make any sense at all. 

Is there any way in which I can get connected to another cabinet even if it requires losing phone number etc? It really is silly that we happen to be the only lane in the area that can't get it. In fact, can you confirm if we will be able to get it at all?

It's very strange that we're not connected.

Also the online checker can't determine if we can get it or not when we enter our number. Why is it like that?

• Advertisement

Can you give the address/location of the cabinet that I'm connected to? I know every cabinet in the area and if I'm not connected to either of the nearest cabinets then I may not be able to get it at all due to distance. I know for a fact that both of the nearest cabinets are live and providing customers. I also know that the estate next to me is running off the same manhole as they extended it and they can get fibre. 

Fibre supposedly launched here over a month ago and there's still cabs not connected? It just doesn't make any sense at all. 

Is there any way in which I can get connected to another cabinet even if it requires losing phone number etc? It really is silly that we happen to be the only lane in the area that can't get it. In fact, can you confirm if we will be able to get it at all?

It's very strange that we're not connected.

Also the online checker can't determine if we can get it or not when we enter our number. Why is it like that?
    Hi
    Manc Red

I am afraid the information is not available as yet. We can not provide detailed information regarding the efibre network / cabinet lay out  or the reasons as to why specific cabinets.

We can not change customers from one cabinet to another.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement