Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal situation re property being overlooked?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The LL would be crazy not to tackle the tenant over this. He'll destroy the roof in no time. Felt roofs are not meant for walking on with regularity like this and as already mentioned, chairs would be even worse. I would be surprised if he hasn't already made some small holes that will only become apparent later. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Thanks for all the advice and comments. I did speak - very amicably - to the owner and the issue appears to be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Ninap wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice and comments. I did speak - very amicably - to the owner and the issue appears to be resolved.

Well, that was easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Well, that was easy....

Yes. My wife had in the meantime contacted the local council planning office, who had informally indicated that the use of a roof for recreational purposes would normally require planning permission, but we didn't want to go down the enforcement route unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, hope we don't provoke any feud with our neighbour as a result...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Y

He'd probably have taken it better if it wasn't the middle of the best week of weather in the past three years. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Oh i'd say he is livid, i'd watch out....

Advertisement