Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch - "Gross" False alarms

Options
  • 04-06-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi all,

I've had two false alarms in the last few days, both have said "Z2 Gross Downstairs". Z2 covers the windows downstairs and back door.

I've opened all of the sensors and checked that the arrow is pointing up. Any other basic tests I can do before calling in the pros? I saw a few suggestions of measuring resistance on each sensor, although talk of ohms and multimeters brings me back to Leaving Cert Physics those skills are no longer with me!

Also, how much (ball park) should a call out and service cost to fix this?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Call Outs vary from €50-€150 depending on who you ask. Shop around.
    Post 9 in this thread gives an easy to follow way to check the resistence
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655452 .
    This is the only true way to find a faulty sensor. Unfortunately some people don't understand how resistance works & rely on guess work.
    Testing a zone this way is the most reliable method.

Advertisement