Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composing

• 04-06-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

All my class have pre written short stories. Anyone else doing this. In worried my short story will be useless on the day. For the speech is it the same format as a normal speech and how long must it be.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Prewriting isn't a great idea as unless the title really 'fits' you'll end up using just as much energy to change it as you would to write a whole new story! Consider coming up with some useful/interesting characters instead, as you may be able to use them in short story if you choose that question.
    For most people the main essay will be 4-6 pages plus, and the section B 1.5 to 2 pages plus. Some will write more, some will write less, but with medium writing size these would be fairly average amounts to write.
    If you've written a bit less but are otherwise happy, leave it. And remember that fewer well developed points is always better than many poorly developed points. Quality over quantity every time!
    Good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

What I meant by speech is that one of the options for composing is write a speech. How long is that supposed to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

All main essays should be in or around that length, you wouldn't write significantly less for a speech but as above, if you have completed the task and are happy having written fewer words, go with it.

Advertisement