Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming Close To The Border.

Options
  • 04-06-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Time for my upgrade and I don't know what to do.

Living in Armagh County I am often quite close to the border, and often over it. But of course that entails Roaming Charges. I particularly object to paying them when on my side of the border.

Anyway crib aside is there anyway I can cut down on these charges. I'm currently with Vodafone but they don't want to deal on Roaming except to offer their bolt on.

I've read that there is a network that doesn't charge for roaming - is this right? If so what's the network.

Would appreciate a quick answer as I'm expecting Vodafone Retention to call me back shortly.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Check three.ie they offer free roaming in other three countries, so when you are there you will use your data, sms and call allowance as if you were in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Thanks Nava just sent 3 off an email asking about their sim only deals. It will be interesting to compare charges as against Vodafone.

Anyone know of a UK supplier that does not impose roaming charges within the country?

Advertisement