Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2013 English Paper 1 official thread**

• 04-06-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

I'm scared :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I don't like this thread one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Be grand! Sure amn't I fluent in English?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Be grand! Sure amn't I fluent in English?!

Clearly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The first official 2013 paper thread, how exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

To come:

Omg plath didn't come up wtf!!?!?!?!?111 Rawr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Prodigious wrote: »
    To come:

Omg plath didn't come up wtf!!?!?!?!?111 Rawr.

well she definitely will not come up in paper one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

007driver wrote: »

Good point :pac: I should really sleep. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

tumblr_mlcyf0Oqbu1rclpa8o1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

burp.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

007driver wrote: »

You never know what the comprehensions could be about. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

:pac:
    Touché :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

good luck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

feckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

so, anyone finished yet? :P joke joke, hope the paper has a nice theme!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

English was grand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Theme of storytelling, comprehension about cliffhangers and mentioned some my favourite programmes?! Loved it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Really good exam , nice essay titles aswell , really happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Question A was fine got a page out of each part. My part B was a bit waffly but ok. Unfortunately my story ends very abruptly on the 4th page due to time running out (that 20 minute extra jargon on the list of subjects is very misleading) but hopefully won't be penalized too much, especially with a whole text on the paper dedicated to cliffhangers. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Well story telling was a newbie :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I didn't like those essay titles. Generally I thought I did well, but seeing that everyone is so happy, they'll probably adjust the marking scheme and I'll end up doing really badly :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Straight forward exam. Essay titles extremely vague, the way I like it ;) A talk about the role of TV and radio. Easy enough. Comprehensions seemed simpler than normal.
    I had it hyped up to be something bigger than it was. Twas grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I spent too long on text a and B questions, only managed a little over 3 pages on the essay. At least it was a pretty solid essay, imo. I'm a little worried about my handwriting too, I think I made it too small and I had to cross out so many words.

I'm sure i did alright in the end though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I had a page done in the essay when I realised I didn't like the title so I was completely waffling .. I did the personal essay on the everyday treadmill :( I only wrote 3 pages :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

My part B was quite unfocused and I kind of drifted about, reiterating the same points. Is the introduction to a book quite an informal affair? I modelled it after the casual notes authors put at the beginning of their books, I hope that was what they were after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

My comprehension answers were actually quite good and they are usually where I fall down in the exam so over all I'm very happy. My personal essay and talk on TV/Radio both had elements of informal language (as is expected in those) but I just hope I managed to get the balance right and had enough flair to get me through. We'll see. :) Roll on paper 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

mixery wrote: »
    I didn't like those essay titles. Generally I thought I did well, but seeing that everyone is so happy, they'll probably adjust the marking scheme and I'll end up doing really badly :( .

I wouldn't say the marks for paper 1 will be so heavily looked at that anyone will do badly on it, unless they wrote feck all and of very bad quality. Paper 2 will be the one they start changing any marking scheme for. If you think you did well then the marks will probably reflect that, don't sweat too much over it now that it is finished. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Okay you guys are making me nervous now - I didn't like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

woopah92 wrote: »
    Straight forward exam. Essay titles extremely vague, the way I like it ;) A talk about the role of TV and radio. Easy enough. Comprehensions seemed simpler than normal.
    I had it hyped up to be something bigger than it was. Twas grand.

Did that talk aswell and did essay 7 on reunion could base it around the gathering

Advertisement