Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/Bridge Mode Bad setup?

• 04-06-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys, mybe this thread is already arround, sorry for double post if yes. I have UPC internet 100Mb and my wifi speed was crap (not really slow but not stable, hight ping etc... I was reading this forums, and i readed that is best to have your own router and upc router setup into bridge mode.
    So i did it, i selected on upc router under administration bridge mode only and i connect my new router TP-LINK WDR3600. But The wifi internet speed is slow about 20Mb/s. Wifi is lot better stable and stronger, but why is so slow? Wired connection speed is about 75Mb/s. I have enabled dual band iam using WPA2 Personal security, AES security mode, transmition rate is on hight channel number is auto and modes are 11bgn mixed and 11an mixed. I was trying to have only 5GHz channel on only and speed was still same.

Thank you very much for your help.

Advertisement