Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• 04-06-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭

Any Animal Crossing fans here? I dabbled in one a few years ago, but it didn't really hook me. The reviews for Animal Crossing: New Leaf (out on Friday week on the 3DS) make me want to give it a 2nd go.

IGN:
    Eurogamer:
    9/10
    Joystiq:
    9/10

Any fans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I've never played one before, but with Nintendo's recent promotion, I chose this as the reward, been doing some reading about it and I can't wait for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Also getting this from the TMG promo. Loved the DS version, though it got a little grindy after a while. I lacked connectivity options then though.

Slave 2 Nook fo' life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I imported it for the GameCube from Canadaland way back when and really enjoyed it. I even bought a GBA link cable so I could go fishing on an island. Got the DS version too, but it felt like just more of the same and it didn't grip me like the GC version did. I think enough time has passed since I last played it, so I hope to give the 3DS version a go.

Hopefully Tom Nook doesn't have a cross-platform memory, I'm sure I still owe him some bells :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out tomorrow. Any takers? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm going to pick it up after reading all the reviews and watching the gameplay footage. My first AC game though, won't have my 3DS till next week annoyingly. I'm having a Nintendo relapse after neglecting them for the past 6 years or so. I missed alot of good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have a pre order on th special edition XL :D I've played the whole series, although only played city folk a few times I must admit! The game is really suited to a handheld console I feel. Easy then to potter around the town while on the bus or your lunch break or just watching TV. Although I did get a good run on the game cube. Oh to be young and have all the time in the world again!

Tom Nook, shut up and take my bells!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just waiting for the code now, rumours are they'll be given out at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

I'm buying a 3DS just for this game! I'd completely ignored the 3DS up until this point, and after doing a little research, it's got some neat features and a decent catalogue of games.

Played this for a few hours last night. It was not a pleasant experience. All of the shops were closed (the download only finished at about 11:20pm) so I couldn't buy any tools or furniture and very quickly ran out of pocket space! Looks nice, looks like there will be plenty to do and they give you a starter "foreign fruit" to get your empire going. Looking forward to passing some ordinances later today to make sure the Nook family never sleep again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm getting this as my free game in the promotion. No sign of my download code yet though, has anyone else in the same boat gotten their code?

I haven't played AC since the Gamecube and I found it got a bit dull if you play for too long too often. I'm going to try to only play a little each day so I agree its perfect on a handheld. I can't wait to get started, I love some of the Nintendo themed items I've seen.

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    I'm getting this as my free game in the promotion. No sign of my download code yet though, has anyone else in the same boat gotten their code?

I haven't played AC since the Gamecube and I found it got a bit dull if you play for too long too often. I'm going to try to only play a little each day so I agree its perfect on a handheld. I can't wait to get started, I love some of the Nintendo themed items I've seen.

The codes were released about 11 last night, people on this thread downloaded their game.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056932148&page=3

For those that didn't click the link, log into your Club Nintendo account, click the club Nintendo button on the home page and wait for the banner to scroll - it shows the code on the banner.
    Have a pen handy, it doesn't stay up for long. Took me three passes to get it all :)

Also, before you start playing, make sure your system time is no later than 7pm so you can meet everyone in the town and buy some tools to complete the "challenges" your assistant gives you and start making some bells. (I didn't... I knicked this idea from the SMG thread in the Nintendo forum :) )

Any recommendations for a town layout? Mine is a bit like this :

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ....X
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Which I thought would be a nice even distribution of land but the single bridge being so off-centre is annoying me already....

What's your town name?
    I've called mine Kildrowt. I live in Celbridge, which also goes by "Killdrought" and I was caught on the hop at 1am with no good 8 character name. Did anyone actually engage their imagination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I usually call my towns Damoville, but for some reason I think it allowed longer town names before! So my new town is called Hyrule...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭megaten

I was probably going to wait on animal crossing for a bit but since people have been posting it all over twitter it's too hard to resist. I'll probably head into town to buy it today.

Is a perfect apple just worth more money or does it yield a more valuable tree if you plant it?

Edit :
    A quick google says plant it, you get 4-7 harvests of perfect fruit before the tree goes "normal". Only happens if the perfect fruit is your native fruit.

Time to get plantin' I guess :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Downloading now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked my copy up this morning. Only played it for an hour or so before going to work but really liking it so far. Loved the gamecube and ds versions but never put much time into the wii version.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played about an hour also, pretty good! Will dig more into it later.

My 3DS friend code is 4656 5971 2695 if anyone wants to come visit my town! If you add me Just let me know yours so I can add you too.

Added!
    2079-5941-9645

You want apples? I'm your man!

Note, there's another thread in the Ninty forum here where people are adding FCs specifically for AC:NL but probably best to stop by the "official" 3DS Friend Code thread, as there's more of 'em in there and most of them in the last couple of days are Animal Crossing-related posts.

• Advertisement

Ill post in those threads later :)

I've got cherries! Feel free to pillage.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Added atavan and banjo! Add me!

1048-8750-4470
    name: ashy

Town name: snukaboo

My town E-Ville is up and running. :o

I'm going to make sure my town of Miaowmers is driven to the ground.

Really enjoying this so far. Haven't enjoyed AC this much since the GC version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This game is not friendly to people who work during the day! Everything shuts down around 10pm

You can change that later (or so I read in an early preview) but I think you need to build your house before you can take on mayoral responsibilities and issue edicts. Also, only the mayor can do it (if you share a 3ds)

Yeah you can make a mayoral decree that the residents are early birds or night owls. It costs 20000 I think once available.

Or just go to system settings and change the clock on your 3DS :pac:

The pros and cons of time traveling (the cons are pretty serious).

• Advertisement

No DeLorean easter egg? Bah!

Advertisement