Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxes for moving

Options
  • 04-06-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can tell me where the best place to get boxes for moving in Dublin?

I'm thinking of asking the local supermarket but the stuff will be going to storage after being shipped to Heysham so I want them to be fairly sturdy plus I reckon most supermarkets flatten the boxes after a delivery.

Would Ikea sell them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Are you using a removals company? They should have boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Argos sell moving boxes

as do this place & they'll deliver to you if you dont fancy lugging multiple kilos of cardboard home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Thanks folks!

We're not using a company, no, although we're seriously considering it - my dad is going to move the stuff in a van (it's going to England) but at the minute if a company worked out cheaper I'd do that to save the hassle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm going to hijack this as well...Misslt if I find anywhere that give them out I'll send you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

I found these boxes from Ikea very handy.

In my experience it's worth spending a couple of quid and just guaranteeing sturdy, good sized boxes rather than trying to sort odds and ends into banana crates with bottoms missing etc

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/60047151/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Downstairs in Reeds on Nassau street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ill recommend buying boxes from a company.

They are usually very sturdy and well built
    come in 3/4 sizes.
    often they are designed to all fit together, 2 smalls are the same size as a medium, 2 mediums are the same size as a large and 2 larges make up an extra large.
    For me that was the most important thing as all the boxes stack perfectly in the truck. which saves a literal truckload of space.

the company I used was http://helpineedboxes.co.uk/ I moved from the UK to here in 08, have moved 3 times since then and the boxes were good for each move. ( i believe they deliver to Ireland)
    I literally just threw them out yesterday, they would probably have done 1 more move but it would be touch and go. Well worth the money.

Edit : checked if they deliver to ROI and they dont. but Id certainly go with a local company, getting these boxes makes it so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I ordered a moving kit from packireland.com.

€80 for 20 boxes, bubble wrap, tape, labels etc.

Don't mind paying for them for the peace of mind of my stuff being okay!

Advertisement