Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repair Mayo

Options
  • 04-06-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

I have a sharp aquos 42' tv,it was working fine but then the screen wouldnt turn on.No image on the screen what so ever all i get it the noise that it turns on and then it turns straight of again.

Is there any one in the Mayo area that fixes them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

Noel Coleman in Ballina does I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Corrimbla wrote: »
    Noel Coleman in Ballina does I'm pretty sure.

Is that the shop across the road from tesco.I thought he closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

Nope hes on opposite side of the road from Cafollas (on the corner). That guy your thinking of opposite Tesco is still there I think as well so either of those two lads should be able to help you. Can't think of the second guys name though.

Goodman I'll take a look on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

John Donnelly is opp Tesco. Closed on a Thurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Komeara

Hi
    I have a sharp tv doing exactly the same thing-driving me insane- did you get the problem resolved? If so what was the remedy? Please I am near to throwing it out the window.
    Thx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

What's the model number? I'd suggest that you first Google the model number to see if it's a 'stock fault', perhaps you both have the same model - that way you'll be more informed when you take it to the TV/Video Technician.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

There is a very common fault with flat pannels- fix is new capacitors- i fixed my own in an hour with 3 euros of parts from maplins- search youtube if you are ok with soldering - i posted photos of it last year.

Disclaimer-Working with tvs is not as leathal as the old crt things - but still there are high voltages present so dont do it if you are not familiar with electronics etc.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    There is a very common fault with flat pannels- fix is new capacitors- i fixed my own in an hour with 3 euros of parts from maplins- search youtube if you are ok with soldering - i posted photos of it last year.

Disclaimer-Working with tvs is not as leathal as the old crt things - but still there are high voltages present so dont do it if you are not familiar with electronics etc.

Yea I looked online and thats seems to be the problem,I wouldnt be that confident soldering,would you have any idea how much it costs to fix.

i rang them and they sai to ring in the morning at 9 but im working nights so didnt have time,im going to give them a call tomororw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yea I looked online and thats seems to be the problem,I wouldnt be that confident soldering,would you have any idea how much it costs to fix.

i rang them and they sai to ring in the morning at 9 but im working nights so didnt have time,im going to give them a call tomororw.

There was a class action taken against the manufacturers couple years ago in usa and the repairs are free- some but not all models are covered in europe but you may be able press them to cover the repair costs if its a big name brand...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

ozmo wrote: »

Make sure it is plugged out as well!

Komeara wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a sharp tv doing exactly the same thing-driving me insane- did you get the problem resolved? If so what was the remedy? Please I am near to throwing it out the window.
    Thx :)

I finally got the tv fixed, had to take it to a man in Foxford as no one in ballina would fix it.message me if you want his number .very friendly and good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement