Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reach the hop up on my g&g cm16?

• 04-06-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    got a g&g cm16 raider recently (polymer railed m4 aeg as you know) which I was very impressed with. However, the hop up is much less responsive after i sprayed silicon oil into the chamber through the magazine feed and when I cleaned the barrel with silicon oil. I later found out that you shouldnt do this and it is better to clean the barrel with water (which i di today and it worked fine). I want to soak the hop up rubber in soapy water overnight to clean it. How do I take apart my gun? I tried it before but there dont seem to be any screws? Could someone tell me how to disassemble this aeg as I have never done something like this before.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

snoopytoop wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    got a g&g cm16 raider recently (polymer railed m4 aeg as you know) which I was very impressed with. However, the hop up is much less responsive after i sprayed silicon oil into the chamber through the magazine feed and when I cleaned the barrel with silicon oil. I later found out that you shouldnt do this and it is better to clean the barrel with water (which i di today and it worked fine). I want to soak the hop up rubber in soapy water overnight to clean it. How do I take apart my gun? I tried it before but there dont seem to be any screws? Could someone tell me how to disassemble this aeg as I have never done something like this before.
    Thanks!

Just fire a few mags through it - should sort out the hop just fine

There are some great takedown videos on the g&g website - you should find your model there with a bit of searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Heres a link to replace a barrel it will show u how to take the gun apart. It also shows how to remove your hop up chamber and how it all goes back together hope this helps. You tube is great for these things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7AMai0glU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

snoopytoop wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Thanks!

don't put the hop up rubber in soapy water, don't know if it will do anything to it but there's no reason for it, just hold it under the cold tap if you're trying to clean it, don't use warm water either. Either way though the silicon oil should do nothing to the hop up in the long run, like defenderdude said just fire it a few times and rubber should be fine again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Soapy water over night gets rid of all the excess oil and other bits off your rubber. Having silicone oil in your rubber prevents friction needed to generate backspin on your BB, silicone is a lubricant not a cleaner and can attract more dirt than you could shake a stick at. not to mention certain rubbers do not re-act well to silicone and warp them making them completely useless.

Id clean your inner barrel aswell with a small length of lint free cloth in warm soapy water, then use a dry piece of cloth to run through it again making sure it is completely dry. Works a charm.

Advertisement