Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson Hoover

Options
  • 04-06-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Does the above brand ever drop in price in sales or are they like Apple products where the price seems to be fixed.I'm looking to replace an old one that seems to be wrecked after a good 8 years of service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Get a miele for €149, sold my top of the range dyson after trying it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

cgarrad wrote: »
    Get a miele for €149, sold my top of the range dyson after trying it ;-)

The only problem with that is that A) the Miele will give up after a while and B) there is no 5 year parts warranty....

Would be great to know if they do have promotions....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

About a week ago I half heard an advert about trading in you old Dyson vacuum for a percentage off a new model. You could try Harvey Norman as I did notice some assorted vacuums on sale there (Limerick) over a week ago, or check out the Dyson Ireland home page for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

The only problem with that is that A) the Miele will give up after a while

If by a while you mean about 15 years, then yeah sure. :)

Dyson are realistically the only manufacturer to produce bagless cleaners which deliver a broadly comparable performance to Miele. But many Dyson owners who subsequently move to Miele appear taken aback by the difference in build-quality and long-term reliability. Bagged vs bagless may initially seem a no-brainer, but when the motor goes or filters need replacing on the Dyson, any 'convenience factor' is rendered redundant pretty quick.

So essentially you're paying a premium for the brand-name and design aesthetic - making Dyson the Apple of home appliances in many respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

argentum wrote: »
    Does the above brand ever drop in price in sales or are they like Apple products where the price seems to be fixed.I'm looking to replace an old one that seems to be wrecked after a good 8 years of service

There was a dyson animal for sale a few weeks ago in Tipp. Give them a call. Said it was half price.
    Ronayne Plant Hire and Hardware, Electrical Thurles Tipperary - Construction Equipment and Supplies - Plant Hire ...
    tel:0504 2021033

T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

This is following on from my previous post above ... I don't want to appear like I work for 'Hardly Normal' (and I certainly don't!), but I definitely saw a poster in their window in Limerick advertising 'up to' 130 euro off a trade-in on Dyson, when I was in the area during the week - but didn't note how long the offer was on for, or for which particular models.

Yamanoto, you might be interested to know that AEG-Electrolux now have a recently released bagless model 'Ultracaptic'. Seems OK, despite its rather odd appearance. I could be in the market for a new vacuum by the end of the year, so just started doing the research!

Advertisement