Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I know XD. I kinda think i'm part dislestic, well, i'm bipolar, but I don't know if that affects spelling haha. :)
    What's this? I've heard of it so many times but have no idea what it is! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    LEARN YOUR SPELLINGS O-K-A-Y? I'll be much more happier maybe.. :p
    Or what?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Or what?! :pac:

I'll leave the boards.ie and never come back. I know you love me baby

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

The examiner won't know what novel you're refering to... I think that can cost you a lot. I don't know. Don't panic and forget about english, study for Irish tomorrow! :)
    the examiner won't know what their reading... thats the main thing your supposed to remember..

No, I wrote "Lord of the Flies" but I didn't write "by William Golding". And yeah, I know I was meant to remember it but I just jumped into the question rather than saying the author

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

No, I wrote "Lord of the Flies" but I didn't write "by William Golding". And yeah, I know I was meant to remember it but I just jumped into the question rather than saying the author

then no you won't lose significant marks for not having an author.

• Advertisement

I'll leave the boards.ie and never come back. I know you love me baby
    Aw okay! :p I promise not to make another spelling error on boards.ie XD. :D

Aw okay! :p I promise not to make another spelling error on boards.ie XD. :D

lol yay :p
    I love the way I get to seal my answer booklet :D

lol yay :p
    I love the way I get to seal my answer booklet :D
    I got to do the same!
    These blue booklets with a folded back page that has some sticky stuff on it :P
    Also I had to do this thing which the superintendent gave me the package thing with all the exams in it then verify it was sealed and then sign my name on this thing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

I got to do the same!
    Also I had to do this thing which the superintendent gave me the package thing with all the exams in it then verify it was sealed and then sign my name on this thing :confused:

Haha I had to do that too. I was the first name so I'll probably have to do it for all of them.

I got to do the same!
    That's to confirm the package hasn't been opened. They need to get one random student to sign it to confirm it.

• Advertisement

I got to do the same!
    Yeah the girl who sat in front of me had to do that. I think it was to make sure that the superintendent didn't open or look at the papers before the exam :o?

Yeah the girl who sat in front of me had to do that. I think it was to make sure that the superintendent didn't open or look at the papers before the exam :o?
    That's to confirm the package hasn't been opened. They need to get one random student to sign it to confirm it.
    Haha I had to do that too. I was the first name so I'll probably have to do it for all of them.
    Yah...My surname begins with S and the way the tables are it goes in an S shape so I'm right up the front and the superintendent just got me to do it :P
    There was like a big Vault at the front of the class with a padlock on it...
    My superintendent gave out the Business answer booklet this morning instead of the plain one for English

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Same, some of the comprehension questions were phrased kind of weird. I got it, I think. If I got it, I got it good, if I didn't, oh well :L

Yeah, that's true for me too.. I also thought that she was personality-less but the SEC didn't think so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

I got to do the same!

Ye same it was so awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Today was such a funny day! Two people in my class and a few people in the other English classes changed to Pass at the last minute. They finished like an hour early because they didn't do The Field or Goodnight Mr. Tom and they were properly very unfamiliar with the layout of the pass paper so they'll properly fail... LOL

I'd love to see my English teacher's reaction in September 11 when she finds out they changed to OL after all the notes and tests she gave them in third year

Yeah, that's true for me too.. I also thought that she was personality-less but the SEC didn't think so :D

lol i said she was patient, she enjoyed reading and she was aware of the realities of the world :P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

lol i said she was patient, she enjoyed reading and she was aware of the realities of the world :P

I said she was determined and gave the example of how she never gave up on teaching at the college, even though going to it was terrible (waiting at the bus stop).

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Drift_King_33

I said she was determined and gave the example of how she never gave up on teaching at the college, even though going to it was terrible (waiting at the bus stop).

I said she was humourous, observant and honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmy_can

Paper one went great! I did 11 pages for that :)
    Paper two went okay but I don't think I did enough I only did 3 pages per section do you think that is enough ?? It was good quality :)

Also any predictions for higher level Irish tomorrow ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmy_can

Paper two went okay but I don't think I did enough I only did 3 pages per section do you think that is enough ?? It was good quality :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

jimmy_can wrote: »

Quality over quantity. And people are saying that the modh choinniolach will come up but I don't have any other predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I'm not going to bother studying the ModhChoinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 illuminated

I has three empty pages at thw back of both english booklets, but I choose the speech and wrote 3 pages

SO MUCH IRISH TO LEARN,CAN'T LEARN IT ALL :(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

CRAP. In the Studied Fiction I forgot to write the author of "Lord of the Flies"'s name. I know the name but in my rush to finish the exam I forgot to mention "William Golding". How many marks is that worth?
    You lose a mark if there is no title or name of author is not given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Typical people wondering how much they wrote compared to others. I just wrote the amount my teacher said, 3/4 of an A4 for 15 marks and a half an A4 for 10 marks. For all the essays in paper 2 I wrote 2 and a half pages except for fiction which I didn't have enough time to finish....

I started paper 2 with the intention of doing the Shakespearean drama only to discover I just couldn't get my head around the extract at all to get a decent length of an answer. I spent 10 mins trying to figure it out and I decided to go and do the poetry section and come back to it later. I ended up doing the other drama extract as it was slightly easier.

Poetry was really nice, some good images to talk about in it.

Overall I was happy with it, got more done than in my mocks time wise but not sure if the quality of my answers in the unseen drama was good enough to secure an A.

Typical people wondering how much they wrote compared to others. I just wrote the amount my teacher said, 3/4 of an A4 for 15 marks and a half an A4 for 10 marks. For all the essays in paper 2 I wrote 2 and a half pages except for fiction which I didn't have enough time to finish....

I started paper 2 with the intention of doing the Shakespearean drama only to discover I just couldn't get my head around the extract at all to get a decent length of an answer. I spent 10 mins trying to figure it out and I decided to go and do the poetry section and come back to it later. I ended up doing the other drama extract as it was slightly easier.

Poetry was really nice, some good images to talk about in it.

Overall I was happy with it, got more done than in my mocks time wise but not sure if the quality of my answers in the unseen drama was good enough to secure an A.

I just did as much as I needed to write the answer I had in mind. I didn't give a crud how much each was. Some were more than a page, some only half.

I just did as much as I needed to write the answer I had in mind. I didn't give a crud how much each was. Some were more than a page, some only half.
    All my answers were at least a page. I wish we could get our results next week or what not ...

All my answers were at least a page. I wish we could get our results next week or what not ...

I don't :I I'll wait til September for my, at this time, 2 C's :(

Did you have Geog notes you wanted to give to us?

• Advertisement

I don't :I I'll wait til September for my, at this time, 2 C's :(

Did you have Geog notes you wanted to give to us?
    I hopefully have 1 A and 1 D. I didn't say i'll post notes (it'll take forever! and I don't get paid), I said i'll post something ;). Give me two long questions from any year and i'll post the answers in a seperate thread :).

Advertisement