Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I hopefully have 1 A and 1 D. I didn't say i'll post notes (it'll take forever! and I don't get paid), I said i'll post something ;). Give me two long questions from any year and i'll post the answers in a seperate thread :).

Pah, thanks for the offer but I got that :P I'll let others ask away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Pah, thanks for the offer but I got that :P I'll let others ask away.
    You sure now? I don't want to see a big fat B on geography in september ... make me proud and get an A! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

I hopefully have 1 A and 1 D. I didn't say i'll post notes (it'll take forever! and I don't get paid), I said i'll post something ;). Give me two long questions from any year and i'll post the answers in a seperate thread :).

Hey
    I seen ages ago that you posted notes on the greenhouse effect, but I cannot find it anymore now, can you direct me to it
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

zubikhan wrote: »
    Hey
    I seen ages ago that you posted notes on the greenhouse effect, but I cannot find it anymore now, can you direct me to it
    Thanks
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056963150 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Monaghan hardy lawd

I actually found the irish easier than the english, both are my worst subjects, I'm goin for 2 As in maths a and geog tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 TtomRedCM

WHAT A COQ UP- Chicken head found in chicken nugget

That was my Newspaper article

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

I actually found the irish easier than the english, both are my worst subjects, I'm goin for 2 As in maths a and geog tomorrow.

i want an a in both but i wont be able for it in geography cause im just stupid at it. Maths i hope paper 2 wont let me down and i read the questions properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

I'm late, but I'm getting worried now. I know, I know, quality over quantity, but mine was certainly not 29 pages like some others! I've no idea how long it was.

Paper 2...was very unenjoyable, I really didn't like the way the questions were phrased.

Paper 1 was a different story altogether, my Reading was alright, my Functional Writing and Media Studies great, and my Personal writing was amazing, judging by how much I enjoyed it.

I was ecstatic when I saw what Books Mean To Me because I've probably read more books than my entire class combined! :P So I wrote a very examiner-friendly thing about how I grew up with books, how I now blog about them, and how i'll be an author when I'm older, saying 'Books are my past, my present and my future. A life, in words.' I also included a Stephen King quote about writing ;)

That's the one subject I really really really want an A in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm late, but I'm getting worried now. I know, I know, quality over quantity, but mine was certainly not 29 pages like some others! I've no idea how long it was.

Paper 2...was very unenjoyable, I really didn't like the way the questions were phrased.

Paper 1 was a different story altogether, my Reading was alright, my Functional Writing and Media Studies great, and my Personal writing was amazing, judging by how much I enjoyed it.

I was ecstatic when I saw what Books Mean To Me because I've probably read more books than my entire class combined! :P So I wrote a very examiner-friendly thing about how I grew up with books, how I now blog about them, and how i'll be an author when I'm older, saying 'Books are my past, my present and my future. A life, in words.' I also included a Stephen King quote about writing ;)

It could be argued big long answers show an inability to be concise and to the point.

Answering the question asked is far more important than how many pages long an answer is.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Well done! Don't mind about writing excessively, as long as you feel that you have answered your question.

You're essay sounds really good! I can see that it really is a "personal" essay, not just some bullcr*p made up on the spot! I hope the examiner picks up on that. I loved the bit about past, present and future, sounds terrific.

Good luck, I'm sure you did well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 topbloke

Looking over this thread after most of us forgot about this exam made me realize how I wrote less than a lot of people... but in fairness my writing is small and I used the word acquiesce once in my essay so it'll be grand. B would be good considering I have done little study

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

I didnt do so well on this test.I got really sick just on the day of the test and was feeling ill half way through paper 2...I also ran out of time because of this and my answers were way too short for paper 2....I really screwed up on that test

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

I only used the 12 pages provided and I wrote full lenght answers(talking about paper 1) eg.3 paragraphs for 15 marks..your personal writing sounds great. :) Ive also probably read more books than my entire class combined but I had already prepared an essay for the test that was quite adaptable so I did that..I did history repeating itself and just wrote my story adding an ending that makes you realise that the event is a never ending cycle and history will repeat itself once again...hope the examiner wont find problems with that because I liked my story. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

Thanks Leopard Star, Jack OLantern and Spurious :) Yes! I absolutely hate it when people write lies about loving books, it feels like a personal insult xD

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Thanks Leopard Star, Jack OLantern and Spurious :) Yes! I absolutely hate it when people write lies about loving books, it feels like a personal insult xD

:) I know it! Good luck anyhow!

Advertisement