Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Jijsaw wrote: »
    My handwriting looks similar to this: I wish we could type :(
    handwriting.jpg

That's really not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

I'm a fast writer and a quick thinker. Doesn't mean I did great in the exams though, but ah well live and let live :)

On a Beatley note: Did anybody notice John Lennon Airport was mentioned in Paper 1, I had a massive grin on my face when I read that :D I had my Beatles cup with me which has a picture of John on it (obviously) and I thought to myself "congrats John you
    made it to the paper" :P

do you mean 29 pages altogether ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

handwriting.jpg
    ...Spurious, that's a good example of what I call symbols! ;) Quality doesn't matter, at least you wrote loads! :) I feel better now because I know i'm not the only one fu*ked if handwriting matters :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

How did it go??? Mine went really well. Interested to know people's opinions on questions! Anyone do the debate speech? Any trouble with the questions?

...Spurious, that's a good example of what I call symbols! ;) Quality doesn't matter, at least you wrote loads! :) I feel better now because I know i'm not the only one fu*ked if handwriting matters :D.

I think whether or not the examiner can read it is very important. Writing loads is pointless if it doesn't even pass as English. I personally don't believe that the two of your writing is that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

TheSunderz wrote: »
    do you mean 29 pages altogether ?

Altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I done the debate speech mate, everything went really smoothly, I'd revised stuff the night before and thankfully everything I had planned came up.. now time to study for the rest of the exams bud.

What did you guys do for the personal writing?
    I did number 6 about an audience thingamob. It was about a girl running away from home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Brilliant! Amazing! Delighted!

Seriously, both papers were great, although with Paper Two, I had so much to say and so little time to say it! My examiner was looking at me a bit funny though haha, had to ask for paper every five minutes...:pac:

• Advertisement

People are boasting about the amount of pages they got done, its about quality not quantity, but if you got quality+quantity, expect an A and goodluck :P and you seen your examiner or do you mean superintendent?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

I done the debate speech mate, everything went really smoothly, I'd revised stuff the night before and thankfully everything I had planned came up.. now time to study for the rest of the exams bud.

Well done! What points did you make?

People are boasting about the amount of pages they got done, its about quality not quantity, but if you got quality+quantity, expect an A and goodluck :P
    You can predict the future?! :eek: Yush! I just got an A in English ;). I messed up a few questions(Studied poetry Q2), but they were opinion questions, so hopefully the screwy upy part doesn't matter :).

What did you guys do for the personal writing?
    I did number 6 about an audience thingamob. It was about a girl running away from home

I did that too, I wrote about Captain Marvel from DC comics.

People are boasting about the amount of pages they got done, its about quality not quantity, but if you got quality+quantity, expect an A and goodluck :P and you seen your examiner or do you mean superintendent?

My superintendent was a dote ;) Lovely lady

Yep god was with me in the Junior Cert and told me the future, haha!! Wish me luck for my religion exam xDD

Oh yeah, meant superintendent! Haha sorry, I'm just so relieved. I'm dreadful when it comes to English exams; I have all the information and I just want to get it all out! Really hope I get an A; I would be over the moon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

handwriting.jpg

I can read that. People new to correcting or teaching might not be able to, but if that is the case, it will be given to the Advising Examiner to correct. The problems occur when it really is illegible.

How many pages have I done if I finished both booklets with 2 pages to spare overall? I can't really work out how much I used up, because when I finished one question, I went onto the next page to start the next. So for Drama Question 1, if I finished 3/4 down a page, I went onto the next page for Drama Question 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Some silly mistakes in paper 1 might have cost me 10 marks max but everything else went pretty well.

C/B/A looking to get any of them

• Advertisement

What did you guys do during your break? I went to Corrib with my friends then went back to my house looked at some quotes while eating potatoes and sweet corn (omnomnom) and listened to "I'm Too Sexy" over and over again because we're just cool that way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Altogether

oh rite haha neh did abou 28 there abouts altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I didn't get to finish the personal writing unfortunately but I did good in everything else. What did yous write about for when you had to write an article for a broadsheet or tabloid. I picked a tabloid and wrote about how a pipe bomb was discovered in an estate in Belfast and it was planted by the IRA. The headline was 'I.R. Nay'.

Stooped wrote: »
    I didn't get to finish the personal writing unfortunately but I did good in everything else. What did yous write about for when you had to write an article for a broadsheet or tabloid. I picked a tabloid and wrote about how a pipe bomb was discovered in an estate in Belfast and it was planted by the IRA. The headline was 'I.R. Nay'.

Didn't do that question, did the other one :D Good ol' litter questions, CSPE had me well prepared ;)

I wrote a tabloid article about the sinking of the titanic. My headline was "Sunken promises: Unsinkable ship sinks, killing thousands"

Didn't do that question, did the other one :D Good ol' litter questions, CSPE had me well prepared ;)
    That was very easy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Just got home, man I had the exact same experience as DublinArnie! I mean word for word :O Even my writing went to **** when I started rushing :L I'd take a B/C as we have not had even a semi-decent teacher in the last 3 years, and everything I learned was from looking up on the internet.. (this website saved me) Time to go learn off an Irish Essay, An t-Ádh, Subh Milis, and a letter which probably won't even come up :/
    Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FShiwani

Very good apart from some questions on Studied Drama on P2.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I hope everyone didnt write a full article because the question specified the article was for the front page so had to be exciting and brief with full news inside the newspaper such as page X

• Advertisement

onlinenerd wrote: »
    I hope everyone didnt write a full article because the question specified the article was for the front page so had to be exciting and brief with full news inside the newspaper such as page X

Broadsheet though?

Advertisement