Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

onlinenerd wrote: »
    I hope everyone didnt write a full article because the question specified the article was for the front page so had to be exciting and brief with full news inside the newspaper such as page X

I didn't, really. I hadn't done much study on newspapers, I should have done the other question. Oh well *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

I think Paper 1 was a very fair paper. I think I did quite good on that. It was a rush to get it finished though!

Paper 2 I didn't get finished. When I first read through the questions I thought they looked grand but when I started doing them I found them quite difficulty. I think the drama and novel unseen was really hard to write about...especially the novel. The poetry was fine though.

Ignore people boasting about how many booklets they wrote.
    Although you need a certain quantity, it really is quality over quantity in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deemcgherkin

Ended up running out of time after writing about 4 pages, came home cried my eyes out...left two questions out on paper one and left five out on paper two...FIVE!!! Still in shock :( someone reassure me!

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I didn't, really. I hadn't done much study on newspapers, I should have done the other question. Oh well *shrug*
    Oh crap I never thought of that! :L My article was about the size of the sample we were given, although I left out the 'read more.'
    I wrote 'Rihanna Rocks the Boat' and wrote about parents being angry over her dress sense XD

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I was so delighted with both papers, they seemed much easier than other years :) and I got both papers done in time. I especially loved the unseen poetry because I managed to spot the metaphor, haha. I had to get extra paper for both and I was wondering, why do they have to write the time you get the extra paper on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

claryfray wrote: »
    I think Paper 1 was a very fair paper. I think I did quite good on that. It was a rush to get it finished though!

Paper 2 I didn't get finished. When I first read through the questions I thought they looked grand but when I started doing them I found them quite difficulty. I think the drama and novel unseen was really hard to write about...especially the novel. The poetry was fine though.

Ignore people boasting about how many booklets they wrote.
    Although you need a certain quantity, it really is quality over quantity in most cases.

Sorry, if people thought I was boasting, I was just contributing to the thread on my experience... I really didn't think that was offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Ended up running out of time after writing about 4 pages, came home cried my eyes out...left two questions out on paper one and left five out on paper two...FIVE!!! Still in shock :( someone reassure me!
    Don't worry! Your JC results won't reflect on your future. Learn from your mistakes and just try not to repeat them :). We're all in it together!

juniorcert wrote: »
    I was so delighted with both papers, they seemed much easier than other years :) and I got both papers done in time. I especially loved the unseen poetry because I managed to spot the metaphor, haha. I had to get extra paper for both and I was wondering, why do they have to write the time you get the extra paper on it?

I was wondering that too. I also need extra paper for both. Before Paper 2 I asked if I could have my extra paper at the beginning but the superintendent said no :/ I had to ask for extra paper twice and it wasted a lot of time :(

juniorcert wrote: »

Yeah I loved the unseen poetry, great question! I think it's just to make sure that it is official paper and not your own :)

Sorry, if people thought I was boasting, I was just contributing to the thread on my experience... I really didn't think that was offensive.

Sorry I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Just in general! You didn't offend me anyhow :P

• Advertisement

Don't worry, I wouldn't count that as boosting. Anyway, you should be happy with your preformance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deemcgherkin

Don't worry! Your JC results won't reflect on your future. Learn from your mistakes and just try not to repeat them :). We're all in it together!

You are my saviour! really needed to hear that, thanks!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

there's really no point in getting that worked up about it, all I can say is that if it has effected you so much that you went home and cried... you have 2 weeks to make up for it in 10 different subjects.. Make it count ;)

Sorry I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Just in general! You didn't offend me anyhow :P
    That's grand, I just wanted to clear that up! :)

Yush! I don't have to spend hours posting English notes anymore on boards.ie! :D;)

Don't worry, I wouldn't count that as boosting. Anyway, you should be happy with your preformance. :)

Thanks Arnie, I'm sure you did really good! How did it go?

For the english essay I wrote 'what books mean to me' and I wrote that books meant a lot to me because they were an escape. i then wrote about me being transported to lots of different worlds in books. In my final paragraph I summed up that I got to travel to other places and escape so books meant a lot to me.
    I hope that's okay.
    I kind of wrote a descriptive story even though I have a feeling they wanted a person essay....:L

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I was wondering that too. I also need extra paper for both. Before Paper 2 I asked if I could have my extra paper at the beginning but the superintendent said no :/ I had to ask for extra paper twice and it wasted a lot of time :(

Ya in the first paper, I only need extra paper to finish off the media studies question and there was only 10 minutes left and the examiner didn't see me for ages! I swear he was ignoring me :P they should really attach more paper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Jijsaw wrote: »
    My handwriting looks similar to this: I wish we could type :(
    handwriting.jpg

Better then mine, I do not even have a hand writting

Thanks Arnie, I'm sure you did really good! How did it go?
    Personally, I think I could of done better on paper two, especially studied poetry. I wrote the facts, and the words. I defo got a B, I just want the A, and I have a gut feeling paper two messed up for me. Ah well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

What do you mean you do not have hand writing bud? Have you being an allocated a scribe or are you using some sort of technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

I'm happy :o at first I couldn't focus on the reading comprehension because I was panicking and my heart was beating rapidly. But then it wasn't so bad. I think the questions were quite different from all the other papers for some reason. My handwriting was so neat at the beginning and when you reach the last page, it doesn't look like my writing at all lol. I loved paper 2. My arm is so tired.. Somehow my nails are covered in ink :o my seat location is so awesome, I don't sit next to a wall or next to the window or too close to the back or too close to the front :

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    I'm happy :o at first I couldn't focus on the reading comprehension because I was panicking and my heart was beating rapidly. But then it wasn't so bad. I think the questions were quite different from all the other papers for some reason. My handwriting was so neat at the beginning and when you reach the last page, it doesn't look like my writing at all lol. I loved paper 2. My arm is so tired.. Somehow my nails are covered in ink :o my seat location is so awesome, I don't sit next to a wall or next to the window or too close to the back or too close to the front :
    My hand might aswell be blue now, and you're worrying about nails?! ;) What would you say you got as a grade? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

How did it go??? Mine went really well. Interested to know people's opinions on questions! Anyone do the debate speech? Any trouble with the questions?

You think you did bad!!!
    I missed out on a total of 100 marks in paper 1 and 90 marks in paper two
    so basically what I am trying to say, I only attended half of my English JC
    stupid time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

oh so freakin happy with both paper easy as one two three :D

zubikhan wrote: »
    You think you did bad!!!
    I missed out on a total of 100 marks in paper 1 and 90 marks in paper two
    so basically what I am trying to say, I only attended half of my English JC
    stupid time
    Ouch! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Thats good Mary, glad that you done well. I'm dreading the long wait.. I want to know my results now xD, the mocks for me are nothing like the real thing and zubikhan its not the end of the world.. your Junior Cert is only your stepping stone, the Leaving Cert is what really matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

My hand might aswell be blue now, and you're worrying about nails?! ;) What would you say you got as a grade? :)

B :D what about you?

Personally, I think I could of done better on paper two, especially studied poetry. I wrote the facts, and the words. I defo got a B, I just want the A, and I have a gut feeling paper two messed up for me. Ah well. :)

Don't worry about it, they mark positively (i.e they reward you for all the hard work you've done, instead of deducting for things you didn't pick up on) so you will probably be pleasantly surprised when you get your results! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 stephlumo

i feel i did okay :) i think paper one was definitely the easiest there's been in the last few years! and my essay i had learnt off fit really well into one of the topics :D not sure about paper two though i only had around 20 minutes left to complete the studied fiction so i kinda rushed it..

Advertisement