Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

The superintendent was choking on her coffee during paper 1 and i couldnt stop snickering lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

Thats good Mary, glad that you done well. I'm dreading the long wait.. I want to know my results now xD, the mocks for me are nothing like the real thing and zubikhan its not the end of the world.. your Junior Cert is only your stepping stone, the Leaving Cert is what really matters.

awh thank you , om gwad same :P and I hoped u did well toooooo;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Ouch! :eek:

Yeah, OUCH :eek:
    But then again this was my weakest subject incl languages other wise I would be surprised if I get a B in the rest 8
    So I am hoping for the MIN of 6 As

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Don't worry about it, they mark positively (i.e they reward you for all the hard work you've done, instead of deducting for things you didn't pick up on) so you will probably be pleasantly surprised when you get your results! :)
    Hehe! Hopefully the examiner will see I know my stuff ;). :) It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the personal writing was a kick to the groin as I didn't have a suitable topic for my learnt essay XD.

Thats good Mary, glad that you done well. I'm dreading the long wait.. I want to know my results now xD, the mocks for me are nothing like the real thing and zubikhan its not the end of the world.. your Junior Cert is only your stepping stone, the Leaving Cert is what really matters.

Yeah, I am honestly glad this happened, because I am so motivated to get the rest A's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Hehe! Hopefully the examiner will see I know my stuff ;). :) It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the personal writing was a kick to the groin as I didn't have a suitable topic for my learnt essay XD.

Learnt essays are just a terrible idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

The fella' who was supervising us kept pouring mugs of tea for himself and he ate a whole packet of biscuits, funniest thing I've ever seen! It was a total distraction to us all but sure I laughed about it.. Others were raging! It was hilarious. The guy just didn't give a ****.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Learnt essays are just a terrible idea.
    They're risky! But I think it's a good idea :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Yush! I don't have to spend hours posting English notes anymore on boards.ie! :D;)

Once Irish is done tomorrow. No more giving out Irish translations !!! yayyyy :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stephlumo

i have a really bad seat next to the door and up at the front lol typical :/

does anyone know if these seats stay the same for our all core subjects??

• Advertisement

I made friends with my superintended I am going to bring him chocolate biscuits tomorrow, sound lad

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

My essay came up, so I was delighted with that :) I did think paper 1 was on the harder side to be honest.Paper 2 was amazing x.x

OisinLAD wrote: »
    The fella' who was supervising us kept pouring mugs of tea for himself and he ate a whole packet of biscuits, funniest thing I've ever seen! It was a total distraction to us all but sure I laughed about it.. Others were raging! It was hilarious. The guy just didn't give a ****.
    Lol'd! Same here, there was a guy munching on crisps ... I heard every crunch.

stephlumo wrote: »
    i have a really bad seat next to the door and up at the front lol typical :/

does anyone know if these seats stay the same for our core subjects??

Yeah unfortunately you will sit there during the rest of you JC

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Once Irish is done tomorrow. No more giving out Irish translations !!! yayyyy :P;)
    I need a A1 in LC Irish! :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stephlumo

zubikhan wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunately you will sit there during the rest of you JC

ahhhh trust me to get a terrible seat! x

My superintendent is about 7 months pregnant so every 30 mins we heard a giggle as the baby kicked inside of her :rolleyes:

im so glad I sit at the very back at the classroom away from the supervisor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Ha ha our one kept crunching on something idek what it was :P

Ugh I am seated at the back which is good I guess, but I have a wobbly table :( I am going to bring in a pack of tissues tomorrow to stick under it!

My superintendent is about 7 months pregnant so every 30 mins we heard a giggle as the baby kicked inside of her :rolleyes:
    :eek: Aw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Just got back there. Absolutely thrilled with how it went! Paper one went smooth, I loved the comprehension and the functional writing. I did the restaurant review for the functional writing. I did the newspaper on the media studies which I liked apart from part c which was just annoying! :L I was very disappointed with the questions for personal writing! I thought it was a terrible selection! I did question 7 and it went okay :) just made it up :L none of that learned off malarkey!!

I loved paper two. I thought it was lovely.. Shakespearean drama was a bit tough but I got through it. I loved that you only to answer 2 out of the 3, I did the first two.. For studied drama I did the scene and wrote about the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet :) we did a similar question in class last week so I loved it :D unseen poem was nice and uncomplicated :P studied poetry I did question two because tbh I was too lazy to do question one on two poems :P I did it on the unrequited love of 'He wishes for the cloths of heaven' by yeats :) loved getting to show off the poetic techniques in part b :D I really liked the unseen fiction :D I thought it was nice :D I did the second question for studied and loved it! My letter was 2 A4 pages because I wasn't sure how long is was supposed to be! Anyways I feel really positive about the exam as a whole :) we'll see how I do on the 12th of September (I think?) :)

Congratulations to everyone :D ye did superb :)

Mary A wrote: »
    im so glad I sit at the very back at the classroom away from the supervisor :P

I'm on the top right hand corner of the school gym, I could basically bring in my own notes in my sock and pull them out in the exam and nobody would notice. I'm that far away from people :p

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    -snip-

Did you do the thing about Beatrice? What did you say?

I'm on the top right hand corner of the school gym, I could basically bring in my own notes in my sock and pull them out in the exam and nobody would notice. I'm that far away from people :p

lol I wont advised you to do that yeahh (y) xD

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Just got back there. Absolutely thrilled with how it went! Paper one went smooth, I loved the comprehension and the functional writing. I did the restaurant review for the functional writing. I did the newspaper on the media studies which I liked apart from part c which was just annoying! :L I was very disappointed with the questions for personal writing! I thought it was a terrible selection! I did question 7 and it went okay :) just made it up :L none of that learned off malarkey!!

I loved paper two. I thought it was lovely.. Shakespearean drama was a bit tough but I got through it. I loved that you only to answer 2 out of the 3, I did the first two.. For studied drama I did the scene and wrote about the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet :) we did a similar question in class last week so I loved it :D unseen poem was nice and uncomplicated :P studied poetry I did question two because tbh I was too lazy to do question one on two poems :P I did it on the unrequited love of 'He wishes for the cloths of heaven' by yeats :) loved getting to show off the poetic techniques in part b :D I really liked the unseen fiction :D I thought it was nice :D I did the second question for studied and loved it! My letter was 2 A4 pages because I wasn't sure how long is was supposed to be! Anyways I feel really positive about the exam as a whole :) we'll see how I do on the 12th of September (I think?) :)

Congratulations to everyone :D ye did superb :)
    We get results on the 11th ;). I screwed up on the restaurant review .. I wrote about overpricing in the children meals XD. :)

I wrote she's loyal and understandable XD.

We get results on the 11th ;). I screwed up on the restaurant review .. I wrote about overpricing in the children meals XD. :)

What ??
    I think I did it wrong
    I wrote about how I entered the restaurant and got shouted at for no reason by one of their emplyees and how they wasted my time and I asked for a table and he did not give me one for no reason.
    Ohhh.....

I wrote she's loyal and understandable XD.

Understandable isn't a word I usually associate with Shakespearian drama :P I said she's direct, sure of herself and strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm seated at the very front right beside the superintendent..but it's good if I need paper or something like that. He seems nice.
    For my personal writing I picked 'Terrifying things people do everyday' and wrote about two geisha who fall in love with each other.
    For the newspaper article I wrote about a mass suicide. Does "Exam students commit mass suicide" sound like a broadsheet heading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I said she was humerous and sassy :L I didn't really know what to say but said she was sassy because of how mean she was to your man and humerous becaus of her joke about crying in the corner :P

Advertisement