Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

We get results on the 11th ;). I screwed up on the restaurant review .. I wrote about overpricing in the children meals XD. :)

That seems fine, children's meals are always overpriced. I wrote about my soup being cold, a rude waitress, a rude manager, cooks handling raw meat without wearing gloves, no hairnets being used and rat poison found in the kitchen. My person's restaurant got reported to the health board ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

zubikhan wrote: »
    What ??
    I think I did it wrong
    I wrote about how I entered the restaurant and got shouted at for no reason by one of their emplyees and how they wasted my time and I asked for a table and he did not give me one for no reason.
    Ohhh.....

No, that should be fine. You're supposed to have complaints that they respond to badly, but if you wrote that you should still be fairly okay.

Jijsaw wrote: »
    That seems fine, children's meals are always overpriced. I wrote about my soup being cold, a rude waitress, a rude manager, cooks handling raw meat without wearing gloves, no hairnets being used and rat poison found in the kitchen. My person's restaurant got reported to the health board ;)

Mine was:
    • Wrong food
    • Uncooked food
    • Unwashed plates and cutlery
    • Bad Staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

what this restaurant thing u talkin about I didn't see it in the exam paper !?! :O

Mary A wrote: »
    what this restaurant thing u talkin about I didn't see it in the exam paper !?! :O

It was functional writing, you probably did the other option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 DottiSka

claryfray wrote: »
    I think Paper 1 was a very fair paper. I think I did quite good on that. It was a rush to get it finished though!

Paper 2 I didn't get finished. When I first read through the questions I thought they looked grand but when I started doing them I found them quite difficult. I think the drama and novel unseen was really hard to write about...especially the novel. The poetry was fine though.

Ignore people boasting about how many booklets they wrote.
    Although you need a certain quantity, it really is quality over quantity in most cases.

Pretty much the same here. Except I never answered Unseen Drama & Unseen Fiction so that's -60 marks for me. Still, I went for the easiest questions that gave the most marks. It's my tactic since I'm very slow at writing and an average speed reader. I think way too much.~

And I swear! The amount of farting fella's! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

We get results on the 11th ;). I screwed up on the restaurant review .. I wrote about overpricing in the children meals XD. :)

Oh I thought it was the 12th :P why was that wrong? I did something similar but I had a couple of issues and had the introduction description suggestions and recommendations format :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Understandable isn't a word I usually associate with Shakespearian drama :P I said she's direct, sure of herself and strong.

Much Ado About Nothing came up a few years ago, with Beatrice and Benedick! Luckily I went over it last night! I said she was a independent woman (who don't need no man haha), strong willed and well spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I really messed up on that question XD. Good thing it's only 30 marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

In the functional writing you could write a restaurant review

• Advertisement

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Oh I thought it was the 12th :P why was that wrong? I did something similar but I had a couple of issues and had the introduction description suggestions and recommendations format :)

Feck, it's suggestions then recommendations? I did it backwards :P!

September the 11th...could they not have picked any other date ;)

Don't think it's right or wrong either way tbh :L

Much Ado About Nothing came up a few years ago, with Beatrice and Benedick! Luckily I went over it last night! I said she was a independent woman (who don't no man haha), strong willed and well spoken.

So I actually understood what was going on, sort of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

No, that should be fine. You're supposed to have complaints that they respond to badly, but if you wrote that you should still be fairly okay.

Like I said I told the employee to call his manager as I was about to make a complaint ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I didn't even follow a format ... I just wrote why I went there, what was wrong, why I am writing, what could improve, and then conclussion XD.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Wow it seems all of you did the Shakespearean drama? :O
    I did the one with Rita and Frank :/ ?????

zubikhan wrote: »
    Like I said I told the employee to call his manager as I was about to make a complaint ???

Well, it was a review, not a story. You know that, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

ive just done some research about Beatrice and she actually a feisty, cynical, witty, and sharp character that's what I said sooo yhh

OisinLAD wrote: »

I hate questions about being in/organising/anything with a play, so I avoided it.

• Advertisement

Very few people in my year did shakespearean.. Loads of people afterwards said they did the other drama so don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

anyone else notice how Anton Chekhov came up twice in the exam? :P

Well, it was a review, not a story. You know that, right?

Do you know what is the cost for repeating your Junior cert by the way

Don't worry I did the one with lovely Rita meter maid and Frank

Only seen him in section one! :o where else was he? :P

Me too was fair simple

ive just done some research about Beatrice and she actually a feisty, cynical, witty, and sharp character that's what I said sooo yhh

I find it's really hard to get that from Shakespearean drama. I don't even think Shakespeare was all that great, but pretty much every English teacher would disagree with me, so I suppose they're right.

Me too, you're alright. I found it way easier. ;)

Yep ;) Whoever did the questions loves Anton Chekhov

• Advertisement

Yep ;) Whoever did the questions loves Anton Chekhov

That's the only thing I can remember from the exam! xD

Advertisement