Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 English Papers - Wed. June 5th 2013 - all levels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Well, it seemed logical. I wrote a damn good answer for that question, so yea :pac:.

OMG YES I WROTE THE BEST ANSWER FOR THAT ONE :O My 10 mark question was 2 pages long :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

OMG YES I WROTE THE BEST ANSWER FOR THAT ONE :O My 10 mark question was 2 pages long :P
    Haha, not worth the 10marks tbh! :p I wrote three paragraphs so maybe a page. What grade would you say you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ash182

Did anyone do the profile thing on if you were playing Frank/Rita in a production of the play? I was a little unsure of that one.. o_o

I did! I just wrote about if I played her, how I'd portray her, what I'd wear/ look like, don't know if thats right though, quite worried about that :confused:

Haha, not worth the 10marks tbh! :p I wrote three paragraphs so maybe a page. What grade would you say you got?

I don't want to sound cocky but I think my paper one was amazing and i'd say i dropped a couple marks in my personal writing even though my essay came up i only had 30 minutes and was rushing to do it :P I put in everything hope my writing is clear. And since you're able to lose 55 marks to get an A, I think I got an A and If I didn't a B there's no way I could have dropped down to a C. I gave up on the novel I was tired and just wanted to finish :P Wby?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DesuDesuChan

ash182 wrote: »
    I did! I just wrote about if I played her, how I'd portray her, what I'd wear/ look like, don't know if thats right though, quite worried about that :confused:

OH GOSH. >.< Nooo, your's sounds more accurate than mine... I just thought we had to write out how their character would be, likeee
    Name:
    Traits:
    Relationships
    and like a brief description of her appearence? oh well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

OH GOSH. >.< Nooo, your's sounds more accurate than mine... I just thought we had to write out how their character would be, likeee
    Name:
    Traits:
    Relationships

I just wrote a description of the character. Jesus, know I'm wondering about what I wrote, what was it they were looking for?

Name:
    Traits:
    Relationships

...damn. That sounds like a profile really, I kind of listed all those things in there but didn't lay it out like that but oh well nothing I can do now :p

I just wrote a description of the character. Jesus, know I'm wondering about what I wrote, what was it they were looking for?

i've told this to so many people, that's why Shakespeare is easier cause they give easier questions... they were a breeze.... everyone that did other drama made some type of mistake :L

what drama did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

Mary A wrote: »
    yep ( jokin ;) ) they'll probably give u some marks :D

Oh my god I'm so annoyed now because I know my essay was fairly ok! Maybe the examiner won't realise...

• Advertisement

Did anyone else feel that the English junior cert was just like going through exam papers just without your teacher being there?

what drama did you do?
    Shakespearian .. it was easy :).

H'mm, I honestly found the questions on Shakespeare actually tougher. I think it was because I was so nervous, my understanding of Shakespeare's language kind of froze for a minute or two, despite actually usually preferring Shakespeare o.o

Did anyone else feel that the English junior cert was just like going through exam papers just without your teacher being there?
    Yea! Only there's a time limit! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think I messed up really bad in personal writing!!! I did the question where you put in the sentence about the audience, but I didn't write a story... I wrote an essay on my childhood memories! Will I get 0 now since it said write a story :/

You won't get 0 - you might lose a few marks at most. Don't worry about it.

Yea! Only there's a time limit! :p

lol no seriously i felt it was like that except she wasn't guiding us or something, I was so annoyed with the 3 poetry questions cause I always like to give detailed answers and when it's 10 marks you gotta dumb it down. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

OMG The 2 english papers were kind of easy. But I think I might have made the worst mistake ever. I did the second question for media studies and it said: state disadvantages and advantages and i stated them for the campaign NOT the poster, is that wrong? and I also did dis+ad for both of the campaigns together instead of doing ad+dis of this and then ad+dis of that

Shakespearian .. it was easy :).

i know its so good :D im so happy cause whenever our teacher asked i was the only one who put my hand up for shakespeare....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sophia Byrne

Paper one was fine. I thought I was going to run out of time at the end, (left my essay till the end), and I was rushing, but thank god I learned an essay off so I didn't have to think about it (I did the last essay option)

Paper two was okay. Unseen poetry was a bit dodgy tbh, but the studied poetry question was a bit crap for me! Novel question was great, I was delighted with what came up!

OMG The 2 english papers were kind of easy. But I think I might have made the worst mistake ever. I did the second question for media studies and it said: state disadvantages and advantages and i stated them for the campaign NOT the poster, is that wrong? and I also did dis+ad for both of the campaigns together instead of doing ad+dis of this and then ad+dis of that
    I don't know, as long as you talked about visual impact and persuasion, you're probably okay. I don't know .. i'm not happy with both papers XD.

• Advertisement

I did like advantage and disadvantage of a traditional poster campaign and and an advantage and disadvantage of guerilla campaigning and i think we had to refer it to the ones we got!

H'mm, I guess I need to do more studying on Irish now. I'm dreading it! =.= ...

Maybe after a couple episodes of kdrama. :D

H'mm, I guess I need to do more studying on Irish now. I'm dreading it! =.= ...

Maybe after a couple episodes of kdrama. :D
    Korean Drama? *-* :p

Korean Drama? *-* :p

Yup yup. ^-^
    Totally addicted XD

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

My friend told me (her parents are teachers) that you never do anything in pencil for the JC - not graphs for maths, science etc etc cause sometimes they put the exams on the radiators and pencil fades away, is that true? xD

Yup yup. ^-^
    Totally addicted XD
    Is it basically east enders in korean? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Sigh....
    Anyone else take home the paper with them?
    Not the answer book ofc :P
    I have the whole thing here with me haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's up on examinations.ie

Sigh....
    Anyone else take home the paper with them?
    Not the answer book ofc :P
    I have the whole thing here with me haha

i took it with me :P just to enjoy burning it after all the exams are finished :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Thought it was ok, Fiction question on Paper 2 was easy, no real question just write a letter to judges saying why it was good (why it kept u thinking about it and why it was well written) ended up using 2 extra booklets for Paper 2 so 18 pages for that, about 15 for Paper 1. I feel sorry for my examiner :D

Advertisement