Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I have any chance?

• 04-06-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Right I'll keep this short.

Met this girl in a pub 2 weeks ago, she's from Belfast. I was really attracted to her but she had a boyfriend so nothing happened. However, we have been texting each other everyday since, sometimes hours upon end. We have flirted a bit but she always goes back to saying that she loves her bf. She wants to meet up next week when she is down for work, she says as friends. I'm not so sure as I'm getting mixed signals. Do I try it on with her again? or Should I act as a gentleman and be her friend as requested. Really confused!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't bother your hole with her.

Met this girl in a pub 2 weeks ago, she's from Belfast. I was really attracted to her but she had a boyfriend so nothing happened. However, we have been texting each other everyday since, sometimes hours upon end. We have flirted a bit but she always goes back to saying that she loves her bf. She wants to meet up next week when she is down for work, she says as friends. I'm not so sure as I'm getting mixed signals. Do I try it on with her again? or Should I act as a gentleman and be her friend as requested. Really confused!!

Don't meet up with her, she's a head-wrecker and you'll get hurt.

You're just an ego boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭HappyBalance

She did say she was low on confidence, so makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

you're an ego boost. move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 beerfart

Ur definitely getting the ride!!! Bang the crap out of her!

• Advertisement

She did say she was low on confidence, so makes sense

If she flirts with you for hours on end and then says she loves her boyfriend, you get a pretty clear picture of how she operates. Don't waste any more texts on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Should I act as a gentleman and be her friend as requested.

No.
    Do I try it on with her again?

Yes.

If nothing comes of it walk away and get on with your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

No don't cause if something does happen she will run back to him saying your a mistake.

Just erase her number u don't need her to use you for her gratification. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

She sounds like the kinda girl that needs fellas to want her. She'll string ya along with no chance of getting anywhere.

Don't waste your time bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Run a mile!!

Or post in personal issues.

You'll get no sensible advice here, apart from mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

Candie wrote: »
    If she flirts with you for hours on end and then says she loves her boyfriend, you get a pretty clear picture of how she operates. Don't waste any more texts on her.

You can get all you can eat date her from 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

You can text me instead, OP. I'm a 6 foot heterosexual male wth zero interest in you.

You'll have better luck with me than her.:)

worded wrote: »
    You can get all you can eat date her from 3
    I see what you did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭redzerredzer

If you end up going out with her, should I tell the guy she's meeting as a friend when she is back in Belfast to go for it.
    Scoring someone in a relationship is not a good thing to do.
    And she sounds like a tramp.
    Could you trust her if you did end up together? Find someone else.

So should I move on? I do like her physically and her personality

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Her boyfriend is in the UVF or The RA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Shag that ....... move on erase her number and see how many times SHE TEXTS YOU don't answer her though she may get message then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Why bother OP? Shes just out for a confidence boost, is she the type you would like to call a gf? Sure you couldnt trust her not to be doing the same thing to you!

Sorry couldnt think of a smart arse reply so thought id just give sensible advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

just tell her you'l meet her if its more than friends. Ball in her court. If she not interested, then forget her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Sorry, I've no idea. If only someone could have given you some advice!
    Panthro wrote: »
    Don't bother your hole with her.
    Don't meet up with her, she's a head-wrecker and you'll get hurt.

You're just an ego boost.
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    you're an ego boost. move on.
    monflat wrote: »
    No don't cause if something does happen she will run back to him saying your a mistake.

Just erase her number u don't need her to use you for her gratification. .
    Tonto86 wrote: »
    She sounds like the kinda girl that needs fellas to want her. She'll string ya along with no chance of getting anywhere.

Don't waste your time bro
    Run a mile!!

Or post in personal issues.

You'll get no sensible advice here, apart from mine.
    If you end up going out with her, should I tell the guy she's meeting as a friend when she is back in Belfast to go for it.
    Scoring someone in a relationship is not a good thing to do.
    And she sounds like a tramp.
    Could you trust her if you did end up together? Find someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 beerfart

If ever in doubt I always ask myself what would Charlie Sheen do? I'd go for it, do the deed and then not bother my hole with her. But I do like the idea of sex buddies. Yea definitely sex Buddies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Dont mind the haterz op, they be trippin. If you really like her, go for it. I can 100% gaurantee she will give you the ride and you will not be disappointed. 100%

Cheers guys, Il txt her the morning to say that I can't make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Jebus, I feel bad even though I haven't contributed yet. AH has single-handedly crushed this young man's hopes and dreams. Who's to say she wouldn't leave her bf in the name of true-love? (Well pretty much everyone in here , but sssssh) This thread is more than just this man's hope of love it is a reflection of AH as a whole, he turned to us for hope and reassurance and look what we did. We crushed him in one foul swoop :(

This lady may be the real deal or she may be a she-devil but ask her openly and who knows you may be rewarded. I believe in all things great. Are you great?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Nah fu(k that man. give it one more shot and if it doesnt work then walk away. ya never know, ya might get her to do something she'll regret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'd go meet her if I were you op, you will be able to tell better how she feels about you afterwards and if you are getting on well and you think she likes you you can say something along the lines of 'I know we said we were just going to be friends but I really like you and don't think I can be just a friend'. You have showed your hand and now its up to her. The worst that can happen is she says no, do you really want her as a friend? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Eh no mmmmm we where only jokin,eh just havin a laugh:),txt her tomorrow and ask her if her boyfriend was ever in jail for membership or GBH or if he's overly protective or even suicidal,, so when you get ALL that cleared go for it.... The main thing is 'DONT WORRY'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Her boyfriend is in the UVF or The RA
    or the UDA , PSNI , INLA, IPLO, CIRA , Orange Order, PIRA , Óglaigh, LVF, RHD, UFF or could be a squadie or MI5 or in the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

She wants you. She just doesn't want to come across as easy by making the first move. She wants you to try it on with her so she can blame you when she gets caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

Save yourself a lifetime of pain and forget it, how could you listen to the accent, i'm not that fond of Belfast people at all come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    Save yourself a lifetime of pain and forget it, how could you listen to the accent, i'm not that fond of Belfast people at all come to think of it.

I don't know another accent that showcases It's natives as accurately as the Northern Ireland accent. Cold and bitter.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I don't know another accent that showcases It's natives as accurately as the Northern Ireland accent. Cold and bitter.

I'll choose to ignore that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Wild generalisation, much?

Of course everyone in the Republic has the same accent. Oh wait...

Anyway. I wouldn't bother OP. She sounds like a head wrecker and I'd be looking at mucho insecurity and drama if you ever did get involved with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

This again? Jesus, some people are thick. There. Is. No. Such. Thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Cold and bitter eh???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

This again? Jesus, some people are thick. There. Is. No. Such. Thing.

Ah, there is. You know the one. Grates the ear. You'd know it if you heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dan dan

Ask her friends, If you could I am sure they wait every day for the update on the texts of the wee paddy in the south. Poor gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

meet up with her.

Chat up every other girl in the place.

ye're just "friends" so she cant complain.

She'll get jealous and want you for herself.

Bish bosh boom. You score.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An' she said that
    All she wanted
    Was a good man
    An' wanted to know
    If I thought I was qualified, yea

I said, "Baby, don't waste your time
    I know, what's on your mind
    May be qualified
    For a one night stand
    But I could never take the place
    Of your man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

You're being assessed against her current contract.
    Impress with levels of cash not usually associated with her current prospect.

Forecast sex for 1 month thereafter on condition that you can keep up appearances and "council her" through her "breakup" two weeks from now.

Ah, there is. You know the one. Grates the ear. You'd know it if you heard it.

yes, the belfast accent, accents vary dramatically within a few miles up here. try listening to james nesbitt v's christine bleakley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

ONeill2013 wrote: »
    yes, the belfast accent, accents vary dramatically within a few miles up here. try listening to james nesbitt v's christine bleakley

There's about 12 accents in and around Belfast.

There's about 12 accents in and around Belfast.

there probably is but not one of them is any less painful to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

If she says she doesnt want you as she has a bf then she doesnt want you as she has a bf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Meet up with her. She might be looking for a bit of strange and you'll get your sick wet

Worse case scenario you go home with blue balls but you'll have no regrets about not trying

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Proud Orange

bb1234567 wrote: »
    If she says she doesnt want you as she has a bf then she doesnt want you as she has a bf

That's a defeatist Catholic attitude, use some orange charm!!

Saying that statistically he has no chance!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's a defeatist Catholic attitude, use some orange charm!!

Saying that statistically he has no chance!!!!

Mmm...oranges..nyom nyom nyom!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Why dont you leave her alone and find someone who isnt in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭michealkirwan

youre better off away from her loves a mother****er and not easily forgotten. she loves him so she wont be in the right frame of mind to move on youll get hurt

• Advertisement
Advertisement