Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Licence Question.

• 05-06-2013 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

So as you can probably guess, I lost my licence on Friday. My wallet either fell out or was taken out of my pocket with licence and cards etc. inside.

I don't fancy spending my lunch hour on hold to the tax office tonorrow so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has been in a similar situation.

I have all the relevant paper work ready to go, however I have one year left on my full restricted A licence.

This licence category doesn't exist anymore I don't think, so I'm really paranoid they'll just issue me an A2 licence or something of the sort.

Anybody been in this situation?

Also, me and the Iads from the club are planning on riding to a rally in scotland This weekend. Am I still licenced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

If you are 24 and over, you will be issued with an A unrestricted Licence, but your restriction will continue from 2 years since you test was passed.

If you are under 24 you will be issued with an A2 (35kw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

If you are 24 and over, you will be issued with an A unrestricted Licence, but your restriction will continue from 2 years since you test was passed.

If you are under 24 you will be issued with an A2 (35kw)
    Right. I'm 24. So I should be ok.

Could they really downgrade me to an A2 even though I hold a full A? My driver number and all is still the same, I just lost the piece of paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Pedro K wrote: »
    Right. I'm 24. So I should be ok.

Could they really downgrade me to an A2 even though I hold a full A? My driver number and all is still the same, I just lost the piece of paper.

Hi Pedro
    as was said already you will get an unrestricted A back but your restriction will carry over.
    because your over 24 you won't get an A2.
    As far as Scotland is concerned you should have your licence with you at all times but that's your own decision to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Thanks guys.

Advertisement