Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap parking near Tallaght Hospital

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

Hi all, im starting a 6 month internship in Tallaght hospital at the end of the month and was just wondering if there is any where cheap to park around the hospital, i cant afford to park in the hospital car park

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

Hi all, im starting a 6 month internship in Tallaght hospital at the end of the month and was just wondering if there is any where cheap to park around the hospital, i cant afford to park in the hospital car park

Thanks

Woodies car park beside the square is free, walk to the hospital. Would take 10 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

alphamule wrote: »
    Woodies car park beside the square is free, walk to the hospital. Would take 10 mins..

thanks will check it out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Down by the luas lines there's a turn off into Springfield. People park along by the houses where there are no double yellow lines. Usually it's people parking to get the luas into town. Only space for about 10 cars roughly so first come, first served. Less than 5 min walk to the hospital.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Here's a googlemaps link. In the picture there are no lines, but they are there now. Basically the side of the road with the wall is the only space where you can park now. Double yellows on the side with the field and further in the road. Also leading up to the junction itself has yellow lines.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53.290848,-6.382799&spn=0.002148,0.009645&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.290498,-6.38259&panoid=DMEMhJ4pFioylR7I_V2BZA&cbp=11,19.48,,0,8.31

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

alphamule wrote: »

Its free for up to 4 hours for customers, watch out, they are very clamp happy, i wouldn't think you could use this as your regular car park for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Where are you coming from? The luas or a bus may be a better alternative.

Its free for up to 4 hours for customers, watch out, they are very clamp happy, i wouldn't think you could use this as your regular car park for work.

I must have been lucky so..

ted1 wrote: »
    Where are you coming from? The luas or a bus may be a better alternative.

kilcoole in co.Wicklow, i would have to either get 2 luases or the bus and the luas, I'll be starting at 9 am so if i was going down the public transport route i would be leaving the house around half 6 and god knows what time i would be home at so not an option unfortunatly

Parking in the estate could be a good option, but bare in mind it is not a great area so no obvious valuables or nice radio on show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kilcoole in co.Wicklow, i would have to either get 2 luases or the bus and the luas, I'll be starting at 9 am so if i was going down the public transport route i would be leaving the house around half 6 and god knows what time i would be home at so not an option unfortunatly

Drive to the red cow park and ride and get the red line luas

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Drive to the red cow park and ride and get the red line luas

its an option im looking into alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

You could also park across the road in the M&S underground car park - costs a max of €4 per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Heroditas wrote: »
    You could also park across the road in the M&S underground car park - costs a max of €4 per day.

Thanks, didn't know that. Much cheaper than parking in the hospital.

Advertisement