Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howdy all.. trying to locate a spot.

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Howdy all, ive been racking my brain for a few months now about a spot i camped about 10 years ago.. the only clues are the area we passed and the fact that the entrance was a fishing spot that you needed a code / key to get in a gate to get to the fishing area on a river..

basically, we took the bus to lepordstown, went down the ballyogan road and kept on going out until we landed in a small village / town.

Walked out of the town, down a road for about a hour to the spot..

To describe it im hoping someone will recognise it becaus ethey have fished there..

On the edge of the road as a marker / landmark theres some metal reeds sticking out of the ground in a artistic manner.. now im sure not many of these reeds exist in the area so im hoping it might jog someones memory.. behind the reeds there is the entrance to the track which brings you to a fence with a keycode / rfid tag gate.. ahead of this the track splits in 2, the left goes down to a nice little lagoon type area.. this is where we camped and im trying to remember for the life of me where it was..

Anyone fished there?

Heres hoping..

0rt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Possibly Enniskerry

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

ill check it out cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

lovers leap lane in Enniskerry is where your looking for thanks Hooley :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

0rt wrote: »
    Howdy all, ive been racking my brain for a few months now about a spot i camped about 10 years ago.. the only clues are the area we passed and the fact that the entrance was a fishing spot that you needed a code / key to get in a gate to get to the fishing area on a river..

basically, we took the bus to lepordstown, went down the ballyogan road and kept on going out until we landed in a small village / town.

Walked out of the town, down a road for about a hour to the spot..

To describe it im hoping someone will recognise it becaus ethey have fished there..

On the edge of the road as a marker / landmark theres some metal reeds sticking out of the ground in a artistic manner.. now im sure not many of these reeds exist in the area so im hoping it might jog someones memory.. behind the reeds there is the entrance to the track which brings you to a fence with a keycode / rfid tag gate.. ahead of this the track splits in 2, the left goes down to a nice little lagoon type area.. this is where we camped and im trying to remember for the life of me where it was..

Anyone fished there?

Heres hoping..

0rt.

That's the Dargle Anglers gate with the code. The river is closed for salmon and sea trout so leave your rods at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Im not goin for the fishin.. i was campin up that way years ago :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement