Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliabh Ban fire

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I noticed a fire up on Sliabh Ban tonight, anyone know whats happening there?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

<
    Non Carlow native-where is Sliabh Bán?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Near the Nine Stones in Myshall I believe

489745e5-930f-4733-af89-bb806d575bd3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

100_4595_zpsdd9523a8.jpg

This is Sliabh Ban .-

The fire could be either an outdoor party session , but more likely to be local farmers tradition .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@allthedoyles, that's what I thought, maybe burning heather or furze, but is that not illegal at this time of year, nesting birds, etc. Anyhow, it was gone the next day, I was just hoping it wasn't malicious. @byhookorbycrook, it's the big hill in front of Mt Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC04956_zps74812f43.jpg

Last Sunday I went for a walk into one of the remotest areas of Mount Leinster ,which you may suss out from photo above , and along the the way I came across a few old fires / budweiser parties .

But look , these fires are scary if you live nearby , but otherwise accept that these fires are going to be an annual affair

• Advertisement
Advertisement