Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club recipe e-book

Options
  • 05-06-2013 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be great if someone with the techie know how could put all the cooking club recipes in to an ebook?

I was looking through the lot of them and there really is a diverse mix of brilliant recipes and great photos also.

Just a suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

It would be fab alright but wouldnt there be copyright issues if the recipe was from a recipe book ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I would doubt many recipes are copyrighted. Wouldn't even a 1 gram variance in a recipe constitute a new recipe?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We talked about it before, but it's a huge amount of work. None of the moderators have time for it, and there are copyright issues that would need to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Ah well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Swampy wrote: »
    Ah well.

I'm not saying its out of the question, but it would need a team of two or three people to check which recipes aren't entirely original (there's quite a few I know off the top of my head), edit them all, tidy up and standardise measurements, get permission from the authors to reproduce them, organise and arrange them all. If there were folk with that amount of time and dedication, there's nothing to stop it being done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement