Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody having huge problems with Digiweb shared hosting?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Have been having a total nightmare with Digiweb recently. For a while one of their mail servers was listed as a spammer with a number of spam lists. Digiweb were very slow to answer any support mails on this, and any replies were "copy and paste" standard responses. Very frustrating at the time, one of people that owns the domain I had hosted on it eventually requested I move it to another provider. I did this. Then hoped the problems would be over. Sadly I was very wrong.

Then the worst of the worst experiences I have ever had with a hosting company. For some reason, Digiweb decided to migrate all my other domains to some new system. When they did this, they screwed up the custom MX records I had for 2 other domains. These MX records now point to a Digiweb web server. Insane stuff. I've sent numerous mails to Digiweb and they dont even reply, effectively meaning the email for these domains is down now for over 24 hours.

Anybody else having similar experience with them? From what I can see this company are more interested in taking your money and then hiding rather than provide the service thats been paid for.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I haven't had trouble with them myself but I've heard several rants, alongside similar about R365. I'd suggest leaving before anything else happens, it's a pain but it probably won't be any less of a pain, it you follow me. Sadly, you get what you pay for in hosting. They made their land grab a few years ago and now they're probably "cutting costs", much the same as happens in other industries (comms, energy, insurance, etc). I can't understand why people still can't see why the peanuts/monkeys and free lunch sayings exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

I've been with them for 5 years and they used to be brilliant. The funny thing is, I used to have a dedicated server with them. I stopped paying for it about 2 years ago, yet the server is still alive and well. Must be very disorganised internally if they dont know who is paying for what.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sorry but web hosting discussion is not allowed on boards.ie due to past incidents.

Nick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement