Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biggest Shark Jumper

• 05-06-2013 8:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate no more than 5 entries for this category.
    • Jumping the shark is an idiom that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery, which is usually a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest.
    • The nominated shark jumping episode must have aired for the first time, any time, after 1st June 2012.
    • Shows still running are permitted
    • The show may have aired on US, Irish or UK Television.
    • This is the second of 4 groups of categories.
    • Shows with the most nominations will be included in the voting stage.
    • For plot-related categories, please use discretion (spoiler tags if necessary)
      [ spoiler ] Put Spoiler Here [ /spoiler ] (remove spaces in tags)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Mr E wrote: »
    • Please nominate no more than 5 entries for this category.
    • Jumping the shark is an idiom that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery, which is usually a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest.
    • The nominated shows must have aired for the first time, any time, after 1st June 2012.
    • Shows still running are permitted
    • The show may have aired on US, Irish or UK Television.
    • This is the second of 4 groups of categories.
    • Shows with the most nominations will be included in the voting stage.
    • For plot-related categories, please use discretion (spoiler tags if necessary)
      [ spoiler ] Put Spoiler Here [ /spoiler ] (remove spaces in tags)
    [/QUOTE]

Just on the bolded rule, surely a show which aired after 1st June 12 hasnt had the chance to jump the shark yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not necessarily. It just means the first airing of an episode (not the show itself). So it could have been season 5 episode 14 of a show, as long as it aired for the first time since last June. I'll update the rules to make it more clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Homeland
    The Newsroom (if a show can jump the shark in it's first season , this is it.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Glee
    Revolution
    Supernatural

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Revolution

Reverse shark jump?
    Supernatural

GTFO. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Revenge.

I know i said i dont watch Revenge in the Most Overrated category, but my wife had it on the other day. (honest).
    There was a scene where it is revealed that Grayson Snr had prior knowledge of a bombing in NYC, so set up an election HQ next to it so he could be first on the scene and direct the rescue effort.

The cops would be on the scene within minutes, and usher all civilians to a safe distance!!

/Jump the Shark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Bones. computer virus on a piece of bone please and it's been in a tail spin since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Homeland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Revenge. Soapy goodness in season 1 but S2 huge convoluted mess

Modern Family
    Homeland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dallas
    Downton Abbey
    The Following
    Hell on Wheels
    How I Met Your Mother (yes again :P)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'How I Met Your Mother' - Because this mess can never be nominated enough

'Homeland' - Wow shows beginning with 'Ho' are faring badly. From a must-watch first season to a disinterest in even bothering with a third. Show had lots of jumps all over the place, ending up in a broken mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Bones (FOX)
    How I Met Your Mother (CBS)
    Revenge (ABC)
    Once Upon A Time (ABC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Revenge
    Go On

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bones (whole episode filmed from POV of skull)
    Pains me to say it but my favourite show for years has had its day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Homeland
    (I would pick The Walking Dead too but that jumped the shark halfway through season 1.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Revenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

How I Met Your Mother (so many issues)
    Homeland (first half of the season was brilliant tell it just imploded in the second half of the season)
    Last Resort (when they commandeered an ISLAND)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement