Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Banking Transfer Thread

Options
  • 04-06-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just wondering can people advise me on how I can transfer funds from my Permanent TSB account to my Canadian bank account with RBC please?

On open 24 it gives the options for transferring to alternative accounts but Canada isn't one of the options from the drop down menu.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to do a bank transfer from a bank of ireland account to a canadian one?

Have you added the canadian account as a beneficiary on banking 365?

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone managed to do a bank transfer from a bank of ireland account to a canadian one?

Have you added the canadian account as a beneficiary on banking 365?

Thanks for any help

I set one up over 2 years ago, not sure exactly what I required then but im sure that to add it, you needed to do it in branch and required an IBAN/BIC/Sort/Acc numbers ( a combination of those).
    However, logging on to 365online I see that the option is there to add international payees now. Once in place, you could transfer online easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

It's a question that comes up often, so I think it would be interesting to have a thread so people can compare the various methods.

I use paypal. I find their rates to be the best. My paypal account is linked and verified to my canadian bank account. This means that I can send money at a rate of $1 per $200 sent, so sending $1000 costs $5.

On my most recent transfer, the exchange rate of the day was max 0.75721 and min 0.75336.

When it was converted to euros, the rate was 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.7347 Euros.

It takes usually about 2 days to withdraw to an Irish bank account.

So, @ $1 per $200, an exchange rate of about 2 cents under market rate, and 2 days from Canadian bank account to Irish bank account, I think it's hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Paypal are not a bank though.
    I have heard cases of guys doing this and Paypal holding the transaction pending investigation for weeks or months .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thread on International Banking to Canada have been merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Premchat wrote: »
    Just wondering can people advise me on how I can transfer funds from my Permanent TSB account to my Canadian bank account with RBC please?

On open 24 it gives the options for transferring to alternative accounts but Canada isn't one of the options from the drop down menu.

Any help much appreciated

I'm with TSB and was told it's not possible to transfer online. I had to make my Dad a mandate on my account first of all, then transfer the money online from my account to his, then he had to go into the bank and transfer the money from his account to my overseas one.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

Paypal are not a bank though.
    I have heard cases of guys doing this and Paypal holding the transaction pending investigation for weeks or months .

My post was moved from a thread "International transfers" to this "International Banking Transfer" thread! :pac:

Once your account is verified you can send a few thousand at a time from your bank account at $1 per $200, and an unlimited amount overall.
    You are now a Verified PayPal user. In addition to increased security, buyers and sellers value your Verified status because it indicates you have passed PayPal security checks. Most importantly, you can now send unlimited payments with your PayPal account.

I would agree though that since PayPal are not a bank, they are somewhat regulating themselves and it may be more difficult to deal with them if there is a dispute. Then again, the regulated banks do what ever they want too! :pac:

If the amount is over $3k, then maybe I'd use a bank, but since I usually send less than $1k, I find that PayPal are the best value and most convenient for me.

Advertisement