Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longboard surfboard

Options
  • 05-06-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi,
    can I get opinions from seasoned surfers on this longboard. its 9'2, 23 inches wide, 3 inches thick, it has a pintail. its a more straight longboard with nose rising up. it is slightly round and curvy shape not much tho. 17-to-18-inch nose. double concave on the end with less on the nose. it sits pretty flat on the water and has the speed. it has less of a rocker. (its custom built)
    so whats your opinion on this board. stay away or buy it. its this or either a 9'2 cortez......
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Have a good read of this site http://www.tidalpush.com/surfboard/surfboard-design-rocker/ you haven't said anything about the rails, it's an all round lb I'd go for it it's going to be better than a cortez, who shaped it, how old it is and is it in good condition. Does it fit comfortably under your arm could you carry on a windy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭elheffe

hey spacehopper, thanks for the reply. the rails are soft 60/40 rails. the board is only about two years old no damage, in good nick. its heavier than the normal boards as its got an extra coat of fibreglass. it was made by some guy in limerick "ed ???????" have not got board with me to check.
    that's a pretty good link you posted. great info on it. cheers. was out two nights ago and found that it has a habit of nose diving. thought it was because of the nose rocker being too little, or maybe it was my position on the board. according to the link it looks like it was designed for speed.
    the cortez appears to have a steeper shape to the nose which may prevent nose diving to a certain extent but again position is also a factor. will find out the shaper and post it later on.
    thanks

Could it be Glide? Single or three fins. You could ask on Longboard Ireland a few of the guys there would know more.

Because it's heavier it soulds like a traditional log made for nose riding.... saying that my go to board has a lot of extra glass I asked for it that way and it's more of an all rounder board.

If the price is right what have you got to lose no matter what you will be buying another board it's inevitable I've 5 and counting.

its an e.m.d (Elmchin McMullen designs). never heard of the guy but a few of his boards are around the lahinch area. its definitely a nose rider , original log feel about it. it three fins centre 8", they are future fins. will look into longboard Ireland see what the crack is.
    cheers for that spacehopper.

These look good http://emdsurfboards.blogspot.ie/ why not go for it. What's the board made out of epoxy or pollyester resin?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I'd say go for it too, really can't see a cortez being better than a custom log.

made from epoxy/eps. solid out. just bought it. time to build up my arsenal i reckon. ah well hopefully it will be the biz.

elheffe wrote: »
    made from epoxy/eps. solid out. just bought it. time to build up my arsenal i reckon. ah well hopefully it will be the biz.

Think I just saw it on done deal, guess you moved fast, wear well hope you have blast on it.

It's not your average board and it's good it have something a bit different.

Think I just saw it on done deal, guess you moved fast, wear well hope you have blast on it.

It's not your average board and it's good it have something a bit different.

ya said I would put it up and see what happens if it goes it goes, if not well its all the one. hang on to it. should be grand for the summer swells. tho looking at the long range weather charts, there is a lull coming.

Advertisement